Recently, under the hood of each car, a carburetor fuel supply system could be found. Modern ecological frameworks forced producers to think about the modernization of the fuel supply, as a result of this, the cars began to equip the injector. Most of the car owners can not to this day determine what the difference between the power units .
At the end of the 19th century, the Italian Donate Banks developed a design, the main purpose of which was spraying gasoline to cylinders. The mechanical type of fuel injection, that is, the injection, appeared in less than 10 years. The aircraftic structure became interested in technology, since the combustible mixture was injected regardless of gravity strength.
Serial engine production with injection machines appeared in 1954, on Mercedes 300SL cars. Since the beginning of the 1980s, power units with injectors received a mass distribution due to the available differences in electronic equipment for programmable control units.
How the carburetor works
The device is intended for gasification of the mixture, a kind of mixing. The scheme of work is not distinguished by an increased complexity, the float chamber in which the fuel is located connects with the cameras through the jets, gasoline is flowing into the intake manifold. The float chamber of the carbure is connected to the fuel line, the level of combustible mixture is controlled by a needle node.
1. idle bike; 2. Screw of the quality of the mixture; 3. Main fuel jaw; 4. Throttle; 5. Needle; 6. Zhikler needle; 7. Hole to the pouring cavity; 8. Diaphragm; 9. Canal from the auxiliary filter; 10. Vacuum piston.
The air chamber consists of choke, sprayer and diffuser are the main systems that provide gasoline combustion chambers. Additional upgrades that control the launch of a cold engine, an economizer, an accelerator pump were established by the need and scope of the unit. Due to the discharge, a working mixture is supplied to the cylinders, which leads to the installation.
Principle of operation of the injector
Injector feeding of the combustible mixture is more modern, efficient when engines. The advantages and differences between the injector from the carburetor, which the electronic control unit corresponds to the supply of gasoline into the cylinders, which dispensing the mixture depending on the types of load. The carburetor and the injector perform the same functions - supply gasoline to cylinders. Injection design works at the expense of a plurality of sensors installed on the car.
Principle of operation of the injector: 1 - fuel tank; 2 - electrical displacement; 3 - fuel filter; 4 - fuel pressure regulator; 5 - nozzle; 6 - electronic control unit; 7 - air flow sensor; 8 - throttle position sensor; 9 - OH temperature sensor; 10 - regulator XX; 11 - the crankshaft position sensor; 12 - oxygen sensor; 13 - neutralizer; 14 - detonation sensor; 15 - adsorber purge valve; 16 - adsorber.
The nozzles are fed a fuel mixture directly into cylinders, such a type of equipment of the gasoline engine is used in almost all modern power units. For maintaining the level of fuel, increasing the fuel to the fuel wire, corresponds to the check valve. The device and the difference in nozzles consists of an electromagnetic valve, springs, as well as spraying system.
Various types of gasoline supply in injection systems are used:
- Mono injection (single-point), the cheapest option is established on the power units of small volume, in order to save fuel;
- Distributed (multipoint) has several spraying systems for more complete saturation of cylinders with a mixture;
- Direct or direct injection is installed on racing cars.
The amount of gasoline supplied to the cylinders occurs in several parameters. Load on the engine, its temperature, the number of nitrogen oxide of exhaust gases, air flow. The crankshaft position sensor performs a reference role for fuel supply at the desired moment and cylinder. From the position of the throttle, the amount of combustible mixture is depends on the injection system, which is better, a carburetor or an injector.
Main differences between systems
The purpose of both systems is to saturate the cylinders of a combustible mixture. The system determines in advance and prepares the mixture to feed into the engine, the inefficient distribution of fuel affects the overall consumption, the environment. What is better than the carburetor or injector, the first is popular with remote areas from the services, as it is amenable to configure without a specialized tool. What is the difference in the injector and carburetor, it turns out by many car owners before buying a new or supported iron friend.
All less often can be seen on the market cars with monofry, since the automotive industry flooded force units with a modern fuel supply system. What is the difference in the injector from the carburetor, that the amount of gasoline is supplied at a precisely dosed form at certain loads, which has a positive effect on consumption. Injector or carburetor have differences between themselves and features that make a serious choice in front of the future owner.
The use of an injection system in cars is due to a considerable amount of advantages.
For a long time in the production of power units, the carburetor remaining the best was replaced by a more modern design for a number of reasons:
- Efficiency is achieved by supplying gasoline with the necessary dosage, depending on the loads and mode of operation, what is the difference in the injector from the carburetor ;
- The ambient temperature does not depend on the engine launch, the ECU controls the number of fusible combustible mixture on the cold engine;
- Dynamic indicators are significantly higher, especially at high speed.
Before making findings, which is better at the VAZ 2109 injector, or carburetor, it is worth paying attention to some difficulties. The modern version is not demanding of gasoline consumption, has a lightweight launch at the winter period. However, with long-term operation, the design is subjected to expensive repair, or even the replacement of nodes.
Common minuses and advantages:
- The fuel used during the operation of the nodes should be the quality higher than in the carburetor, otherwise the nozzles will be scored, the car will lose dynamic properties;
- Service and replacement of nodes occurs with considerable financial costs.
Carburetor type of combustible mixture
The most common fuel injection system, especially on machines manufactured by the domestic auto industry, is carburetor. Thanks to the possibility of repair, with your own hands, they were given from the car service, it follows that it is better to choose a carburetor, or an injector on the VAZ 21099.
Significant pluses and minuses of this type of combustible mixture:
- Replacing the device with a complex, will cost the cheaper of the injection system, the cost of the supported car does not affect this;
- Carb is less demanding of gasoline quality, timely replacement of the fuel, air filter will be able to travel for a long time without maintenance;
- Repair and adjustment do not require computer diagnostics, you can make the setting in the garage with your own hands.
Naturally, the injector and carburetor is used for different environments, with elevated loads. Old-fashioned systems have significant cons of operation, therefore it is worth weighing everything for and against before saying that a better carburetor or an injector.
Negative side of carburetors:
- The difference is that the launch in frost is carried out only by mechanical way, by pulling the supply from the car's salon;
- Fuel consumption is much higher, since the combustible mixture is fed evenly with different modes of operation;
- The slightest, as well as large shifts when tuning are a consequence of unstable operation of the engine.
Summing up in the dispute, which is better a carburetor or an injector, it should be noted that each of the developments require proper maintenance during the operation. With difficult conditions, it is necessary to clean the nodes, the replacement of filters more often than is described in the Regulations. Timely service will give confidence, reliability during the operation of the car.
Alteration type of combustible mixture
For the improvement of the car operated at urban modes, altector is most suitable for the injector. Car owner will have to refine, acquire many details and sets to achieve the result. At the preparation stage, you should have all the necessary spare parts, disassemble the front of the car for convenient operation.
Drain of liquids, disassembling the carburetor, the future injector system and fuel line - the basis for the start of work, it is necessary to check the difference between the aggregates. The supply system of the VAZ is changing to the identical injection highway, a cylinder head is replaced, an intake manifold with most cases.
Replacement requires certain skills, certainty that the carburetor is a carburetor of a car owner or an injector, as well as approach to work. If there is no sufficient amount of experience, tools and preparation, it is worth contacting specialists in a qualified car service.
If you have any questions, see this video clip, here it is not bad for the answer to the question, which is better than a carburetor or injector:
Many motorists are still lost in guessing, which is better: carburetor or injector? On the secondary car market can be found both. But even more confuses their equal value. In this article we will give a detailed answer to this question.
What is the injection engine different from carburetry and disadvantages of the injector
The injector motor differs from carburetor
During the working cycle, the carburetor creates a fuel and air mixture, which is needed by a power unit for its operation. Inside the motor constantly arrives the same amount of fuel assembly, and it does not depend on the number of its revolutions in one or another moment of time. Because of this, the system consumes more fuel than it is necessary, which leads not only to the thrown out of money, but also contamination of the atmosphere and the environment to spent gases.
Let's understand now, what is the main difference between the injection and carburetor engine. In injection engines, the fuel and air mixture is calculated and then doses the central electronic control unit. In this case, fuel consumption is significantly reduced, and this saves car owner's money and less pernicably affects the environment. That's the answer another question: what is more economical - a carburetor or an injector.
In engines with an injection injection system, the fuel assembly can be increased by 10% power and improve the dynamic characteristics of the car. The injector does not respond to sharp temperature differences. Perfectly operated in the heat and frost. But the carburetor engines are significantly less speculating to the quality of the fuel poured. But this does not at all mean that they can pour what fell. In the case of systematic flooding of low-quality fuel, you can earn considerable problems with the chassis of the car. But in the case of the carburetor exit, its repair can be held with their own hands. Plus the cost of spare parts for him to pocket many.
The injector fails much less often, and its design is more reliable, although more difficult. That's just if the repair is needed, you will have to sweat. To diagnose the breakdown, special equipment will be required. Replacing some nodes can pour out a round sum.
Let's concisely summarize our comparison of the injector and carburetor and summarize, which is the main difference between them:
The carburetor pulls fuel to the engine, and the injector dosed distributes the TVS by cylinders. The carburetor works unstable, many factors affect this. The injector is more effective in operation and less exposed to external stimuli. The operation of the injector does not depend on the temperature regime when the carburetor is overheated in the summer, and in the winter it freezes. The engineering engine is ecological. Alone in the garage. The injector is more elected in terms of fuel poured.
Interesting! To prevent coal deaths in Australia over the track, improvised cable bridges are stretched between bamboo trunks. Animals understand that this is for their good, and move around them.
Advantages and disadvantages of the injector
The main reason that served as a catalyst for ubiquitous "injectorization" is the global environmental problem of the Earth. In cars with injection engines, exhaust gases contain toxic substances by 60-70% less than with carburetor. But only a small part of motorists will appreciate such a contribution to the environment when most prefer an injector for another reason - a high efficiency of the power unit.
In contrast to the carburetor injection system, the injection is less susceptible to breakage, as it has a more thoughtful design. But because of what the carburetors are most often suffering? Because of any little things, which clogs and clogs the engine power system. In the injector, the probability of such breakdowns is reduced to zero.
But the injectors have their drawbacks. And this is due to the complexity of self-definition of the problem and high cost. All items have to change more often than to repair, unlike the "Spartan" carburetor.
Only high quality fuel should be poured into the car with an injection injection. Resins and various kinds of impurities of poor-quality gasoline worsen the performance of the injector. The frequency of washing the fuel system depends on their quantity.
Pluses and cons of the carburetor
Finding out the advantages and disadvantages of the carburetor engine, it is impossible not to mark the simplicity of its device. This is perhaps his main plus. If there was some kind of malfunction in it, it can be disassembled with my own hands, clean and not fear to adjust. It can be accurately customized under certain needs of the driver and car. Spare parts for the carburetor get enough, and they are inexpensive.
Carburetor engines are less demanding of the octane number, so that they "feed" even AI-76.
Carburetor motors show a good dynamics due to the formation of the optimal composition of the fuelue for each engine functioning period.
The largest drawback of the carburetor engine is insufficient efficiency. Only 10% goes the fuel system itself.
Carburetor engines do not correspond to even the lowest requirements of euro environmental standards, so they are not installed on new car models. And another important drawback is a strong sensitivity to low and high temperatures.
Did you know? The Jaguar car concern is developing a system of projection of moving images on the windshield of the machine. This technology will help drivers better control the car while driving.
Which engine to choose when buying a car
As you already understood, it is impossible to unanimously answer the question that is better - a carburetor or an injector. Here you need to repel from the specific priorities of car owners and their needs. For example, people living in the village are better riding a car with a carburetor fuel injection system.
After all, there are few in which village there is a professional car service with equipment that will suit the correct diagnostics of a faulty injector.
You can, of course, call a specialist at home or evacuate the car to a hundred, but this is already additional costs. Yes, it will cost it if the breakage is really large. But if some sensor simply covered, the cost of which is small, and work it is replaced by fifteen minutes? In this case, the carburetor is more relevant.
Important! It is also necessary to take into account the one who lives in the city, but loves the active rest: hunting, fishing, departure to the forest on mushrooms.
Of course, if the car owner lives in a big city, where professional car services are located on each kilometer, it does not matter much. But here is a busy person who has every minute in the account, messing around in the morning with a car, which can not get started because of the immentable carburetor, is fraught. After all, who knows how much it will still have to stand in traffic jams.
There are also many disputes and relative to the economy of these two fuel systems. As we said, injector engines are much more sensible to consume fuel, but you can configure the carburetor so that the fuel will be spent no more than with an injector. It all depends not only from the filling, but also from the car owner itself.
Is it possible to replace the carburetor engine on the injector
Very often you can meet motorists, the Blue Dream of which is the installation of the injector instead of the old carburetor. The reasons for this can be diverse. Someone does not want to lag behind the progress, someone was tired of messing with the carburetor, and someone just loves to redo something in the car.
Important! We do not recommend doing this if the car itself is quite old.
The description of the procedure itself will take a separate material, so just say that it is real, if you have a good preparation. But here it is not so easy, and it will not be possible to dismantle the carburetor and just put the injector in its place. There will have to buy more about fifty different parts and nodes. It will be necessary to change the ignition system, the fuel system, the generator, and so on. Only the parts themselves will cost at least 200 dollars. An independent alteration on average will take three or four days. Such recycling should justify itself, for a start, increased power.
If you charge a job to someone else, then still half of money be prepared to post this person. It is easier to sell your car, and this money is used to buy a machine with an injection unit.
Interesting! The working minorament machine that came to the Guinness Book of Records, constructed the famous Austin Coulson inventor. The size of this electric vehicle is like a baby carriage. The place is provided only for the driver, even an adult. Vehicle is fully functional. It has even turn signals, wipers and seat belts.
In the last decade, the dispute is not subsidized among motorists: which system is better - carburetor or injection. Each of the parties leads its arguments, indicates disadvantages of competitors, etc. To come to an unambiguous answer never succeeded. We will try to tell you about these two devices, give all the necessary definitions, as well as make the comparative characteristics of the systems.
Carburetor: Definition, Principle of Action, Types
The carburetor is a mechanical device in internal combustion engines (DVS), which manufactures and fuel mixture. In the chambers of the carburetor, there is mixing of fuel and air, which are then injected into the combustion chamber. The classic carburetor consists of such main elements: gibber, throttle, diffuser and float chamber.
The throttle valve serves to adjust the number of fuel supplied in the engine. The diffuser is a special tubular device through which air is supplied to the engine. The gibler is called a special cylindrical mechanism in which the holes are made through which fuel comes into the combustion chamber. The amount of fuel depends on the diameter of the holes in the jib. In the float chamber, on a special tube, fuel is served from the gas tank: if the gasoline is a lot - then the float rises and the needle overlaps the supply of gasoline; Little fuel - the float is lowered, the needle opens the hole and the supply of gasoline is resumed.
Without going into details, consider the principle of the action of the carburetor. Once in the float chamber, the fuel is lowered by gibe in the sprayer, which is located at the bottom of the diffuser. Together with him, the air goes there. When the engine is running, the piston in the first tact is lowered down, creating a reduced pressure in the combustion chamber, while the sprayer supports constant atmospheric pressure. Because of this difference, the fuel and air are mixed and sprayed. At this very moment the spark is filled and the resulting mixture is ignited. This is the easiest explanation of the principle of the carburetor - if you need more detailed information, you can easily find it on the Internet.
Carburators, depending on the characteristics, are divided into various types.
In the direction of movement of the working mixture, models distinguish:
- with descending flow - the mixture moves from top to bottom; - With ascending flow - the flow moves up;
- With a horizontal flow. - By the number of cameras, carburators are: - single-chamber; - two-chamber;
There are some other characteristics for which carburetors classify, but such classifications are rarely used in the automotive industry.
In the store Avtoall you will find products of such well-known manufacturers like Daaz, Bakeard, Izhora and others. Products of these companies are suitable for domestic cars. In our assortment there is a carburetor for VAZ-2107, -2108, etc.
Injector: Definition, Principle of Work, Types
The injector is a mechanism that flows fuel into the combustion chamber. The main difference from the carburetor system is in the fuel supply method. In carburetor engines, the fuel is literally absorbed into the cylinder due to the difference in pressure, and about 10% of the engine power is consumed. But the injector injected fuel from nozzles into the combustion chamber.
- The principle of the operation of the injector is as follows: each cylinder has its own nozzle, they are connected by the fuel ramp. The electric fuel pump is inserted inside the nozzles overpressure. The electronic system (controller), receiving information from a plurality of sensors, determines the moment when the nozzles should be opened and fuel supply to the combustion chamber.
- On any injection engine installed sensors that adopt information about:
- coolant temperature;
- vehicle speeds;
- detonation processes in the engine;
- the position of the crankshaft and the frequency of its rotation;
- electrical voltage in the on-board network;
- The information from these sensors analyzes the controller, which opens and closes the nozzles at the right moment, adjusts the fuel supply, supplies the spark, determines the proportion of the mixture, etc. The controller is often called "brains". It is the presence of such complex electronic systems - the main lack of an injector.
- Depending on the number of nozzles and installation points, two types of injectors distinguish:
The system with the central, or mono injection - one nozzle is installed on all cylinders. As a rule, it is located on the place of the carburetor. Injectors with such a design are not very popular;
Systems with distributed injection - each cylinder has its own nozzle.
Advantages and disadvantages of various fuel supply systems
- The injector and carburetor have both pros and cons. We will tell about them in more detail.
- Carburators have the following advantages:
- Such a system is easier to maintain and repair - specialists who disassemble in carburetors are practically in every town;
- Carburetors are cheaper than injectors, and find the desired model, for example, a carburetor for VAZ-2109, much easier;
Such fuel supply systems are much less sensitive to the quality of fuel and relatively painlessly perceive gasoline refueling with a lower octane number;
Even on a faulty carburetor, in most cases you can get to the nearest service station.
- The disadvantages of carburetors include increased fuel consumption, low reliability, sensitivity to the outer temperature (the engine freezes the engine, and in the summer - heats up strongly).
- The injector has the following flaws:
- price - it is significantly more expensive than the carburetor;
- Service - without special equipment it is impossible to diagnose and configure the injector;
Parts - Electronic equipment (sensors, controller) rarely fail, but if it happened - prepare for solid cash flows;
- The quality of gasoline - in the tank of the machine with an injection engine can not be poured low-fuel fuel.
- The injector has a number of advantages:
- Power - a car with such a fuel injection system by 5-10% percent more powerful carburetor;
- efficiency - due to the electronic system for calculating the composition of the working mixture, the injector is economical than the carburetor by 10-30%;
- Environmentally friendly - when the injector engine is working into the atmosphere, 50-75% less harmful substances fall into the atmosphere;
reliability - such systems rarely fail;
Convenience - In the cold time, the injection engine is easy to start and does not require a long warm-up.
So what is better? The answer to this question was given by manufacturers for us - today almost all cars are released with injection engines, although on our roads carburetor cars will ride for a long time. Therefore, if you need to buy a carburetor from proven time of domestic producers (DAAZ, Bakers, Izhora), please contact the Avtoall store.
So what to choose?
The carburetor engine is ideal for remote areas or small cities. The carburetor is quite simply arranged, so you can even make repair or replacement, if, of course, you can distinguish a screwdriver from the hammer. Yes, and to the quality of fuel, it is less whimpically (for example, the carburetor for the VAZ-2107 works perfectly on 92nd, and on the 95th gasoline), which is often of great importance.
The injector is better suitable for residents of large cities, where there are many high-class STRs and the choice of high-quality gasoline. In addition, in the urban ride mode, the injection engine has a reduced (compared to carburetor) fuel consumption, which will significantly save.
- Useful tips on carburetor and injector
- In order for the fuel injection system (no matter, injector or carburetor) of your car for a long time, some simple rules should be followed:
- Change the fuel and air filters regularly. Many motorists do it along with the oil replacement - so just remember: change the oil and oil filter, it means that you change the other filter;
- Place only on proven gas stations and try not to fill gasoline with a low octane number. All this affects the operation of the engine and its systems;
Periodically clean the benzobac. It is going to rust, dirt, water - all this scores and nozzles;
If there is some kind of malfunction in the injector - it is best to contact a hundred or to the master. DIY repair, if you do not own special knowledge, it may cause serious damage.
It seems to me that the topic has long been "beate" and with the development of new environmental norms has long been removed from the agenda. But it turns out and no! Many are written - what is really better than a carburetor or injector? And "newbies" in cars ask such a question - what's the difference in them? For me, everything is already obvious (closed this question a long time ago), but if there is such an interest, it means I will write an article and rent a video, there will be a voting at the bottom. So read-look, it will be interesting ...
THE CONTENT OF THE ARTICLE
My driver's experience is almost 20 years old. During this time, I rolled out the carburetor (there were several VAZ, such as 2101, 2103, 2105, etc.), and already ridiculously rolled into injection modifications of cars (not only ours, but also imported). Therefore, I really have the opportunity to evaluate the other unit, although I think it is not correct, it's how to compare a tube TV and a modern LCD panel. What are both systems responsible for? .
This item is for newcomers - and really what are these systems responsible for? Friends are very simple. In essence, they are needed for "nutrition" of our motors, namely
To create an air-fuel mixture which burns in our engine cylinders
They only have the difference in that - that one system is mechanical (there is practically no electronics), but the second on the contrary electronic (sensors, electronic pumps, etc. are responsible for everything).
Mechanical system - it is a carburetor.
Electronic - it is an injector.
Well, now more.
It was invented first, its extended modifications were still at the dawn of internal combustion engines, so it can be called a grandfather of modern engine power systems.
- The device in the supply system of carburetor internal combustion engines, intended for mixing (carburation, from French - carburation) gasoline and air, creating a combustible mixture and regulating its flow.
- From which such a system consisted (for example, I will take VAZ 2101):
- Tank (for fuel storage)
- Float and together with him a gasoline injection tube. Float tracked the level of fuel and showed it on the instrument panel
- Fuel line. These are usually gas resistant hoses and tubes (copper, aluminum)
- Fuel pump (diaphragm type). Locked with a pressure of 20 - 30 kPa (about 0.3 atmospheres). It is usually located in the engine compartment, and was attached to the engine. Why? Yes, simply because it was driven by mechanical - the eccentric drive of the oil pump and the ignition distributor through the pusher. If you extend on the pump inside there is a special "lever", which pressed this eccentric and pumping fuel due to the oscillation of the membrane. By the way, outside the case was also a lever for manual paging, for example - fuel ended, poured a new one, and you needed to download manually to run the car and not spend the battery.
Carburetor. From the pump was a hose with fuel, which was suitable for the main node. It was the carburetor that mixed fuel on one side and captured the air on the other. By the way, the round of the bank was usually located on top of the top, which was air filter through which air passed and flowed inside for mixing.
Intake manifold. Already across it received the finished fuel and air mixture into the engine cylinders.
- The system according to modern standards is very simple and not whimsical. In fact, there was nothing to break, but inside the carburetor there were several jaws, a needle, float, throttle (valve), which could affect the performance of this node. It should be noted that the dampers were opened from the press of the gas pedal, and the drive was mechanical (normal cable).
- Simple design. Really can be disassembled in any forest
- Cheap and easy repair. I think almost any motorist picked in my garage
- Cheap spare parts
- Low fuel quality requirements (worked on AI-76)
Simplified diagnostics. Often you do not need to use various stands
- There is no large number of electronic sensors that are needed for work.
- Low work stability. Once at 2 - 3 months it was necessary to regulate
- It was difficult to adjust exactly.
- Dependence on temperature drops (winter could freeze, condensate could form, which led to the float or needle. Summer - could overheat)
- Greater fuel consumption than an opponent
- A large emission of harmful substances (such as CO). One of the reasons for the ban is responsible for Euro2
- It is difficult to promote the motor and take full power
Pulling candles. If one or two times did not start, it can pour the candles with fuel, they will not effectively give a spark, do not start the motor. You need to unscrew the candles and dry - clarify them.
Smell in the cabin. No matter how I regulate the carburetor, but there was a permanent smell in the salon, the gasoline trills, the tolisses of the wrong exhaust
No matter how the carburetor systems did not seem simple and easy to maintain, the troubles with them were more. During the year of operation, you would definitely regulate its minimum 3 - 4 times, and maybe more. In winter, the motor was not launched in strong frosts once, the chance is that at all start (without damaging the candles) decreased at times. It was necessary to play sawmason after starting (modern drivers are now and do not know what it is).
And to say honestly - I do not regret at all that the carburetors went into the past. They fulfilled their task, and in fact reached their limit.
Electronic air-fuel mixture system. It appeared much later and now it was already upgraded several times. All mechanical parts were replaced by electronic, there is also a control system (ECU), which is based on various sensors.
- Injector from the word ingection, translation - injection or fuel injection It is now distinguished by three main types of systems:
- Monovprysk . The most ancient appearance, came to the shift of the carburetor, in fact it is the same, only with the electronic component. Spraying gasoline at once in the entire intake manifold. No longer installed on the car, because it is not included according to environmental standards
- Distributed injection . Here in each pipe installed its injector, which serves fuel only in its cylinder
Direct injection . Here the nozzles are installed in the engine block, in the combustion chamber itself. I already had an article - pro .
- GDI can be read
- What this system consists of:
- Tank. Also for storing gasoline
- Fuel pump. It is usually immersed directly into fuel. It does not need to be mounted on the engine, because it is electric, it does not need drives. It should be noted that it creates pressure of about 3 atmospheres.
- Fuel line. There are also hoses and tubes
- Fuel ramp. A tube or hoses from the highway come to it, and the injector themselves are often screwed.
Injector. Fuel injection system in a certain proportion. In systems with distributed injection, are located on the intake manifold.
Throttle assembly (combined with air filter). It serves air for the mixture, it costs a damper that regulates the desired amount of air. And you, in turn, regulate all by pressing the gas pedal (often electronic)
Of course, in order to make the injector option, you need a large number of sensors that control fuel, air, car speed, crankshaft rotation, throttle position, coolant temperature, detonation.
It may seem that the system is complicated, but it is not. One of the main sensors is the DPKV (crankshaft position sensor). According to his testimony, the cylinder is determined, the fuel and spark time.
This information goes to the ECU and it is this control unit that gives orders to the pump to start to catch the fuel pressure in the highway after in the ramp. That is, it is behind the injector. Then the air goes from the throttle assembly and when the injector is reached, the opening and the air is mixed with gasoline in the desired proportion. After this mixture is sucked by the engine cylinder and burns inside.
- The injection option has many advantages.
- Positive moments:
- Stable engine operation
- High power
- Durability. No need to regulate every 2-3 months
- Less fuel consumption, up to 30%
- It does not depend on the temperature drop. Works the same summer and winter
- Less than 75% of harmful emissions
No fuel overflows at startup. You can twist for a long time until the battery allows
- No wings gasoline in the cabin. Because very accurate dosage
- Negative moments:
- Complex repair and diagnostics. Only in the presence of special equipment. In the forest you will definitely do not
- Availability of a large number of sensors
- High cost of nodes
It is difficult or at all it is impossible to repair a broken sensor or node
High-quality fuel required at least 92 gasoline so that nozzles are clogged What I want to say now the injector, especially if your ordinary MPI system works very stable! There are no problems, nor with nozzles, nor with a fuel pump, nor the servers and other things. Go to 100 - 200,000 without any serious problems. The most important thing is to clean the nozzle once every 150,000 km and replace the filter of the fuel pump and ride further. Now there is no point back to put a carburetor, even on the Niva or UAZ, even for mud competitions!
The question of comparison in the perspective "What is better" between the injection and carburetor feed fuel is not worth a long time. Machines that are equipped with a carburetor, each day becomes less, and new ones are not released at all.
Beginning motorists do not understand the automotive engine device, the fuel supply system, etc. Thermal "Carburetor" and "Injector" do not speak anything. Inexperienced motorists do not see the difference between their destination. Before those who buys a new car, the question is that better: a carburetor or injector, no longer worth it. They don't need anything about the carburetor, since it has long been removed from production and does not pass the EURO-3 environmental standard.
With this, a mass transition of automakers for cars with an injection system is connected. Requirements for the cleaning of exhaust gases become higher, and the carburetor cannot provide them.
But not only this is the reason for the abandon from carburetors. Compared to the injector he has many drawbacks and little advantages.
What is the difference in the injector from the carburetor
The principle under which the carburetor supplies a mixture of gasoline with oxygen in the engine combustion chamber is the difference in pressure. There is no forced injection here, and the fuel feed occurs with the help of suction of fuel. So, part of the power of the power unit is spent on this process.
The amount of air in the fuel mixture is not automatically adjusted. The carburetor is configured to mechanically before the trip, and this setting is universal. But there are some drawbacks. The engine at certain points is able to receive more fuel from the carburetor than it can recycle. As a result, part of the gasoline does not burn, but it turns out along with exhaust gases, which causes harm to the environment and does not save fuel.
In the case of an injector, a forced fuel supply in the combustion chamber with the help of nozzles, and the amount of gasoline is regulated by electronics, which is responsible for the preparation of the fuel and air mixture.
The exhaust of the injection car is less toxic, not as harmful to the environment, like carburetor, because it is less than unburned gasoline.
This is the differences between the carburetor engine power supply system from the injection. We now turn to the question "What is better" not for ecology, but for the driver and car.
- Something useful for you:
- Pluses of the engine with injection fuel supplies
- If we assume that the remaining devices in two cars are identical and different fuel methods are different, the high power remains at the injection motor. The difference in horsepower between the carburetor and injection engine can be 10%. These differences are achieved at the expense of another intake manifold, accurately exhibited at each moment of the ignition advance angle, and another fuel supply method.
- Injector motors, compared with carburetor analogues, are distinguished by fuel economy due to accurate dosage supply of gasoline. With this method, 100% of gasoline burns in the engine chambers, turning thermal energy into mechanical.
- The main reason for the transition of all world automakers on the injection system is environmental friendliness. Carburetor exhausts are more toxic.
- In frost weather, the injection engine does not need additional warming before launching.
Injectors are much more reliable than carburetors, their failure occurs less frequently, compared to carburetrators faults.
- Injector engines do not have a rubber coil. This item often fails on machines with carburetor fuel supplies.
- Cons injectors
- Although the injector is reliable, but he fails. And for its diagnosis and subsequent repair, specialized equipment is necessary. Repairs in the conditions of "garage" is impossible, for this you need experience and qualifications. Repair of this device for a service station, as well as maintenance with prevention - work is expensive.
The injector requires only high-quality fuel. If the fuel contains a number of mechanical impurities, then its normal work is difficult. He will quickly clog and fail. And cleaning and repair is not suiced.
- The following disadvantage concerns engines to which instead of the carburetor installed injector. As a result of refinement, the amount of fuel combustable in the engine will increase, which increases its operating temperature. This is fraught with possible OVS overheating with all the ensuing consequences.
- Pluses of carburetor systems
- In terms of service, the carburators are considered simple devices. For their repair do not need specialized equipment and tools. Everything you need to find in the garage.
The cost of parts is low. In case of impossibility of repair, you can buy a new carburetor. Compared to the injector its cost is low.
The carburetor does not require high fuel quality. It works fine on gasoline with a low octane number. A small number of mechanical impurities will not make it difficult for his work. Maximum - letters will be born.
- Cons of carburetors
- The disadvantages of carburetor systems are much larger than the advantages, and therefore there is a tendency for their substitution of the injectors.
- The car, the engine of which is equipped with a carburetor, consumes more gasoline than an injector analog. Moreover, excessive fuel consumption does not switch to additional power. Fuel does not go and thrown into the atmosphere;
The carburetor does not like temperature differences. It is sensitive to both elevated, and to the reduced ambient temperature. In winter, his details are trying to each other. This is due to the formation of condensate inside it;
Low environmental friendliness.
- How to distinguish the injection car from carburetor
- If you know what a carburetor looks like, then you can just open the hood and look under it. But if you do not have any idea about it, to determine it, a number of signs will help you:
- A new car sold in the car dealership is 100% injection;
- Look at the signboard in the rear of the car - for example, the BMW 525i is written there. This "I" is the designation of the injection car;
- year of car manufacture. For foreign cars, the injectors began to establish in the mid-90s, on domestic - from the beginning of the 2000s;
The air filter housing is installed directly on the carburetor. If you see air ducts (for example, plastic corrugated black boxes), then, most likely, in front of you injector;
- If the indicators that light up on the dashboard when the key is turned, contain the "Check Engine" alarm, then the machine in front of you is injector.
- In carburetor systems, the fuel mixture enters the engine by suction, in injection - fed under pressure through the injectors by injection.
- The carburetor system is unstable, and the injector is more predictable.
- The injector works equally well in any weather, the carburetor does not like temperature differences, strong frosts.
- The injector does not so much pollute the atmosphere.
- The injection car is speeding faster.
- The carburetor consumes more fuel up to 40%.
The injector is rarely breaking, but its repair is more expensive.
The carburetor is not so demanding for the quality of gasoline.
What is better: carburetor or injection engine
The choice of the car primarily implies the choice of not only the body, but also the power unit. At the same time, first of all, by choosing a gasoline engine, you will have to determine the power system. Carburetor or injector, what is better? It is about this that we will talk, despite the fact that this issue is more relevant for those who want to buy a car from the secondary market. This is due to the fact that machines with carburetor nutrition are practically not produced. Rare exceptions are trucks, but also the carburetor is controlled by the on-board computer.
Difference between power systems
So, the carburetor and the injector perform the same function - generate a fuel and air mixture, which is then fed to the engine cylinders. But how the mixture is created in these systems, it is fundamentally different. The difference is that in the classic motor in cylinders, a ready-made mixture is supplied, which is drawn inside under the action of discharge. When the air passes through the carburetor, it is mixed with the fuel available. The only minus here is that all actions occur completely mechanically.
- The difference between the injector is that here every moment and step is controlled by a computer, a variety of different sensors are used.
- There are plenty of them here:
- Mass flow sensor.
- Air temperature.
The positions of the distribution and crankshaft.
The positions of the throttle, etc.
Focusing on testimony of sensors on-board computer decides when it is better to injected the fuel mixture and which one should be the composition for optimal operation of the motor. It is in this that there is a difference between carburetor and injection systems.
Positive and negative points of the carburetor
The main plus of the carburetor lies in its simplicity. In the event of a malfunction of the power system, the first thing to look is a carburetor, and clean and adjust it completely bye yourself. What, in contrast to the injector, configure the system of food of this type in general without any special devices. At the same time, the price of the carburetor positively stands out and is very cheaper, it is much cheaper than the injector set for the injection vehicle. The engine equipped with such a power system is unpretentious to the fuel used. Cars of the classical series can safely work on gasoline, with an octane number of 76 - and the engine will not suffer from this.
There is such a motor and disadvantages, most of all highlights a significantly lower motor power. The mechanical actions that lead the power system is consumed by a lot of engine energy. Another difference from the injector is low environmental friendliness. The exhaust here is oversaturated with harmful substances, such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen and others. Some sensitivity of the engine is noted to the ambient temperature - the motor can be overheated in summer, and in winter separate models of the machine are difficult to launch.
Pros and cons of the injector
- First of all, the injector is characterized by the fact that it is able to provide much greater engine power than the classic option. The injector is not a carburetor, so in the winter it is to start without any problems - you don't have to invent something to get the car to go. In terms of reliability, everything is still at a sufficiently high level - the system rarely fails by itself, as it is completely isolated from the external environment.
- But there are here and cons, they are not going anywhere. The first and most significant - the inability to diagnose independently and eliminate the malfunctions, if any appear. The system includes a lot of complex elements:
- Fuel ramp.
Electronic sensors and so on.
Each of them is practically not cleaned, in the event of a breakdown, it will have to completely replace the node - and unlike the classical system, the part here is at all expensive. The system of food of this type requires extremely high-quality fuel. If you use cheap, then impurities, unprofitable residues of petroleum products and remnants of production, quickly score injectors and they will have to be cleaned. And this can be done only on a special stand in the conditions of the maintenance station.
At the same time, if you constantly ride on poor-quality fuel, after some time it will stop saving and clean the nozzles - they will finally fail. Since they are sold to sets, they will cost approximately as a quarter of the entire engine. Accordingly, it can be concluded that the use of engines with such a nutrition system costs the owners is significantly more expensive. This is the difference between the carburetor and the injector.
Types of injection injection
As soon as car manufacturers decided to move away from the carburetor injection system, the injection nozzle was put alone, right to the place of the carburetor and injection was carried out in the intake manifold. Such a method of fuel injection was called Monovpromsky and its utility did not greatly exceed the effect of the carburetor. The next step of evolution was distributed injection, nozzles were installed closer to the cylinders, but also in the intake manifold. The peak of the injection injection was a full-fledged direct injection into the engine cylinders through the intake valve. Due to this, the maximum engine efficiency is ensured, an increase in power and efficiency.
Choose between two types
Oddly enough, but to say exactly what is better: an injector or carburetor cannot be unambiguously. In this question, you need to focus on your preferences and that specifically you want to get from the car. If you live far from the city and a hundred, then much more practical to give preference to a used machine with a classic system. In case of breakdown, using the simplest tool and experience, you quickly fix the breakdown and go further. And if there are no skills in such a repairs, they will quickly appear, because there is nothing superpower in it.
But if the injector breaks, then the road is alone - to the maintenance station, where professional diagnostics using a computer will be able to find a malfunction.
As a rule, such stations are present in fairly large cities, with a serious breakage, that is, the likelihood that the car will not get to the destination. In this regard, the advantage of the carburetor is obvious, but this nuance is relevant only for those who often go far from the city or altogether lives in the wilderness.
If you are an average city inhabitant, then you are not required over reliability and maintainability. Here the car services are located at every step and there is no special occasion. Therefore, to buy a classic car and suffer in the morning, launching and the warming engine is definitely not worth it. Given the modern rhythm of life - on the morning trip to work you will have too much time.
Let's sum up