How to make a stretch ceiling with your own hands: Installation technology
If you want to have a perfectly smooth ceiling quickly and without dust - the output one is to make a stretch ceiling. The film itself is unlikely to be made, but it is possible to pull it yourself. It can become relevant to de-one away from the city where the installers will not go or come will be too expensive. In this case, the installation of the stretch ceiling with their own hands is out of position.
Views, their comparative characteristics
Stretch ceilings have two types: from PVC and fabric films. They differ in properties and appearance. The film does not let the water that in the apartment can serve as insurance against the flood from above. But guarantees that she will withstand the weight is not. In addition, there are holes in the film for lamps. This fact is only with "a side effect", which gives material, as what he does not miss the pair and air.
The plus of fabric ceilings is precisely their ability to skip air and water vapor. This is important, for example, for a wooden house, where this quality is in demand. It is possible in the brusade or log house to do the ceilings from PVC films, but due to the difference of temperatures or pressures, folds and wrinkles can appear on it. The solution is - carefully close the gaps, which in such buildings always have, and put the ventilation grille (or several), which will unite the space from below and from above, eliminating an unpleasant phenomenon.
The second plus of fabric ceilings is their big width. The canvases are up to 4-5 meters. You can find 6 meter, but on special order and appropriate - special price. Nevertheless, for most rooms and such a width is enough for the eyes. Therefore, this type is often called seamless: no need to sew the canvas.
Minus fabric stretch ceilings - their higher cost, as well as a more limited choice of colors. But the textures are much more: there is under the skin, velvet, imitation of matte glass and others. Also, on this basis, it is great for a photo printing of any type. But if you want a bright gloss, it can only be in PVC film. The woven surface or matte, or a slightly reflexing surface.
With a bright gloss, by the way, you need to be neat. He, of course, visually makes the room above. Due to the reflection of light and objects. But it is reflected and can play a joke with you. Everything is reflected in the ceiling. And what lies on the cabinets too. And garbage and dust. Literally everything. So this is also considering.
Another comparison parameter is the temperature mode. PVC stretch ceiling can be operated only with positive temperatures. At 0 ° C, it becomes fragile, after -40 ° C is destroyed. If you install such a ceiling in an unheated room, it may, winter and will survive (if the doors sharply in the outstanding house will not open). But then inevitably breaks. Tissue stretch ceilings to temperatures are undemanding, so they can be frozen.
Preparation for installation
You can install the stretch ceiling in a few hours. But the preparation, as well as the connection of lighting, requires sometimes even more time. So start.
First, you consider everything that can fall. This is very important for aesthetics. All that after tensioning the ceiling is shifted.
If the film is white or light, dark spots can be viewed through it if they are. The same problem exists in a log house: the dark ceiling will be visible. In this case, it is possible to predeter it to some material (plywood, plasterboard, etc.) which is covered with white paint. As an option - to shoot some white material (even vaporizolation).
At what stage of repair
Installation of stretch ceilings is carried out after the main "dirty" stages of repair took place, while the walls are aligned. It is possible to pasting wallpaper, and can be after. Both options are imperfect. And that's why:
- If the walls are already saved by wallpaper, when installing the baguette, they are dirty. To avoid pollution, you have to close the walls, and this is too much time.
- If you glue the wallpaper after installation, you need to work very carefully: the films (if they stretched it) very easily rush. And with such works it is very easy to break.
What is less evil for you - choose. In another period it is impossible.
Where and at what height is attached
There are two types of profile - on the ceiling and on the wall. The ceiling is used in cases where it is impossible to screw the carrying design for some reason (passing in the required place the wiring, very unstable material). In other cases, the baguette on the walls are mounted.
What is the height of the baguette? If there is no distortion, at 4-5 cm below the joint with the ceiling. Why not at the very top? Because the wall strength is reduced above, and it can crumble. Loads When using PVC films are decent, so that the bearing capacity is important. In addition, in this place, it is often paved and it can be damaged. So with wiring be careful, mark the zone where it is located. Even such a step of height allows you to use a wider range of lamps. As you can see, the reasons are enough.
If the walls in the room are not squared, but I want to install the stretch ceiling, Align the zone in which the baguette will be attached. If this is not done, it will drive that it will be excellent below.
On the walls of the foam concrete to the wall mount the bar, and to it - baguette. So the tension created is transmitted mainly to the bruster, and the wall is experiencing smaller loads.
For normal ceiling tension, it must be pulled in a strictly horizontal plane. Therefore, they find the lowest point of the ceiling, the same 4-5 cm are delayed from it, and then beat off the horizontal along all the walls. So relative to the existing ceiling, the height difference can be different.
It is more convenient to apply a line with a painting cord (thin cord, "dirty" in a rash dye type of blue).
If it is decided to make a two-level stretch ceiling, it is fixed to the design of plasterboard. If the mount falls on one of the horizontal guides - everything is fine and there is no problems. If below or above, you need to add the amplification. This can be fixed in the right place a profile of a plywood strip 5-6 mm thick. Both methods are triggered and work well.
When installing indoors, the walls of which are trimmed with tiles, fasten the baguette 2 cm below the tile edge. At the same time, it is important that there are no voids under it.
Wiring and mortgages under the lamps
Since more low-power lamps are used in stretch ceilings (no more than 40 W for incandescent dump and 35 W for halogen), then a larger number of fixtures are required. In addition to the main chandelier in the center there are still peripheral lighting. This uses usually built-in lamps.
It turns out that there are many wires on the ceiling. They must be good and correctly fixed. If the stretch ceiling is made in a wooden house, all the electrical pipes are placed in non-military pipes, a special corrugated iron or mounting box. In other cases, they are enough to fix on the ceiling by mounting ribbons or with the help of clips.
Under the installation of lamps in the stretch ceiling makes mortgage elements. Their design depends on the type of lamp and selected each time separately. It is desirable only that the plaffones are or directed down, or were not closer than 40 cm from the ceiling. Otherwise, it will appear yellowish stains from overheating after a while.
The best, perhaps, the way out when choosing lamps for the stretch ceiling will be LED. They give a powerful flow of light, serve a very long time, "pull" quite a bit of electricity and practically do not heat. Minus - big price. But it is justified by fast-savings on electricity.
In this section, let's talk solely on installation actions, without all other points that are a lot (about them below). The stretch ceiling of any type is attached to a special profile that is fixed around the perimeter of the room. The mounting method is chosen on the basis of which walls:
- For brick and concrete, they take a dowel-nail;
- for wooden - self-tapping screws;
- For fragile materials (rikushnyak, aerated concrete) - first attach a bedding wooden bar, then a baguette is fixed to it.
Baguette fasten installing fasteners every 15-20 cm. To tighten the films, it is better to take a step of 15 cm, for woven it can also be a different profiles for fabric and films, but the essence does not change. But further in the installation there are differences.
For PVC film
It is necessary to emphasize that it is necessary to handle the material with caution, as it is easily damaged by sharp objects. According to the technology, heating to high temperatures is used, it means that it is pre-from the room all that may damage it.
How to install
After installing the profile, only four steps remain:
- The film is placed, suspend (without tension) on technical clips in the corners. First, the first two corners of the diagonal are fixed, then the second.
- With the help of a powerful heat gun, the film (and air indoors) is warmed up to 50-60 ° C.
- An elastic film is stretched, filled with harpoon in baguette. It is done using the blades (spatula) with rounded ends (the film is easily cutting and it is one of its drawbacks).
- While the temperature is still high if the technology is provided, the technological clearance is closed with a decorative lining.
This can be considered the installation of the stretch ceiling is completed. All this can be done with your own hands, but with assistants. But this is only the process itself, and there is also a bunch of related: the preparation of the walls, the connection of the lamps, the installation of the floating rings under the lamps and the pipes, if there are.
Types of profiles for films
In general, there are two PVC ceiling mounting systems: harpoon and wedge (stapal). Recently, it is used extremely harpoon, as it allows you to stretch the canvas better and evenly, and it also makes it possible to mount it / dismantle it.
With a wedge system, when fastening the film were complaints: it saved, and the hauling was a problem, since the surplus of the material after the installation was cut off. Because this method of fastening for vinyl (PVC) stretch ceilings is practically not used, but it manifests itself with the installation of tissue ceilings.
When the harpoon system, a special plastic profile is welded at the plant on the plant, which is inserted into the other - screwed around the perimeter. The form is designed so that they have excellent clutch. But at the same time, after installation all over the perimeter, a technological gap remains. Its special narrow plinth (baguette), which can be white or in a tone of the film.
There is another form of the same system - "premises." Here the harpoon is made so that the film is adjacent to the wall tightly, without gaps. It looks more accurate, but its drawback is a higher price.
Minus harpoon fastening at a higher cost system. Another unpleasant moment: high accuracy is required when measuring the room and the manufacture of the canvas. Inaccuracies lead to sagging, the appearance of wrinkles and folds.
The profile that is attached to the walls can be aluminum, and maybe from durable plastic. Plastic of good quality is no less reliable, and weighs less, it is easier in the installation (it is possible to mount on the self-tapping screw without prior drilling of the holes), and also weighs less. Therefore, many installers prefer it.
Consumer The same plastic profile attracts a smaller price. So and they rarely come against.
For fabric cloth
Immediately we can say that tissue ceilings are not afraid of the tissue ceilings and you can not particularly almond. Even if they are torn, then the hole does not diverge. It can be nice to "pushing", so it will be seen nothing. But the fabric is heavier than the film, because only aluminum profiles are used: they are able to withstand the weight without difficulty. But they are more expensive, which plunges at a higher price for the tissue itself (compared to PVC).
Another feature is not heated fabric. It is just well stretched and fixed in the baguette. Therefore, special accuracy with the pattern of the web is not required. It is cut with a 10-20 cm allowance: for the convenience of mounting. Excess then cut off.
On the one hand, this plus is a simple installation. On the other - minus: you can strain unevenly. Before trimming, it is possible to fix everything, but after ... you can only pull to a smaller room.
How to install
As before, it is first fastened around the perimeter of the room profile. Then the tension ceiling tissue is entered and unfolds.
It is first folded on the floor along a short wall. Raising the edge upstairs, in several places (about 50-60 cm) fix, simply inserting into the profile. The edge is trying to start exactly so that there are no distortions.
Tightening the cloth from the wall (step 2 in the photo), refuel into the side profile alternately: then on the one hand, then on the other. Lastly fasten the second short side. It turns out the ceiling with sagging, but more or less uniformly expanded (step 3).
The next step - the fabric is finally refilled and refilled into the profile with a special blade. If the perimeter of the room has a good geometry, you can navigate to the residue: it should be the same length. But even with careful alignment, small lies near the baughet remain. They are painted using the heating - a construction hairdryer, but on average temperatures. After everything is aligned, the excess fabric is cut off.
Types of profiles
As already talked, the fabric stretch ceiling is fixed in using a stroke or a wedge-shaped system. The cross section of the baguette is very similar to those used for the film.
There is another system - a clips, developed by the manufacturer of clipso tissue ceilings. It is much more convenient in montage, but also costs more.
Photos of some interesting options
Variations and design options for stretch ceilings are so much that it is easily possible to make a unique development. The material is plastic, combined with almost all materials. Even with those that, it seems and are not suitable on the texture, like a tree, for example. But so only it seems. Several photo examples of stretch ceilings in a wooden house are shown below. As you can see everything goes well.
This is probably the technology that allows you to realize any fantasy. Want gold on the ceiling - easily, you need velvet - no problem, photo - Choose what. The number of levels and their form is limited only by fantasy.
Installing the stretch ceiling with your own hands
Currently, stretch ceilings developed in Europe to decorate the interior. Multicolored, glossy, matte, fabric or from PVC film - they can truly decorate the room. In addition, in the modern world, any person can make the installation of stretch ceilings with their own hands for the watch.
Features and advantages
Stretch ceilings are such a combination of materials from the fabric fabric or vinyl and metal profiles, which adorns the ceiling, hides all the irregularities and other defects allowed at the construction stage. You can pull these ceilings in the room of any destination: living room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway or work office.
Stretch ceilings have their undeniable advantages:
- They will help create an ideal and smooth ceiling of all sorts of coloring and textures for a very small time interval;
- huge expanses for fantasy and designer approaches;
- strength, resistance to moisture and dust, environmental purity of materials;
- No need to remove the room for a long time after installation;
- They give a chance to experiment with the backlight of the residential premises;
- The ability to sound insulation and improved acoustics.
However, such canvases have some disadvantages:
- Ceilings can break with point mechanical exposure, so require careful use and care;
- may lower the ceiling level at least 3-5 cm or more;
- If temperatures occur in the apartment, then such ceilings (most often polymer) will be saved or wrinkled - this fact is especially noticeable in places where there is draft.
These ceilings also have other properties that depend on the web used and their design, which is very important to take into account when creating a project, ordering and installing the ceiling. Therefore, it is necessary to disassemble what kind of ceiling designs are.
Types of designs
There are several types of tensioned cloth designs:
- Single-level. This is a classic look. They are very economical and are suitable for both large rooms and small. To connect several cloths at one height, there are separation profiles that have an intermediate decorative plug or backlight.
- Multi-level. They are used to create in the room several different zones or close obvious ceiling irregularities. They can also give space for designer creativity. But the multi-level canvases are suitable only for spacious rooms with high ceilings, and set them several times more difficult than the above version. It is better to use the transient profiles that will help provide a smooth junction and a difference of heights. Do not forget that the stroke system of attachment when installing structures with many levels is not used.
- Farming ceilings. They are a kind of modification of suspended structures with a built-in LED ribbon, the light from which is characterized by soft and dispelness, which creates the effect of "soaring" ceiling. In such cases, the illumination is placed on one wall, throughout the perimeter of the ceiling or edged separate parts. The creation of soaring ceilings requires special baguettes, which, except for notes for the installation of fabric, have a special niche intended for LED tape. Also, such a kind requires special profiles: wall and ceiling, dividing and to transition levels, because they are capable of making the backlight location more convenient.
This is the first and very important stage, without which it is impossible to install the tensioning canvas itself. It is divided into several points required for execution.
First of all, you should remove all furniture and equipment from the room where it is supposed to pull the ceilings, as the space should be as free as possible so that the installation passes quickly and without the possibility of mechanical damage to the web. If some items out of the room are impossible, then they need to be moved to the center of the room and cover the protective film.
Then you need to remove the old plaster from the ceiling, as it can fall off and leave ugly traces on the canvas.
Pre-process the walls and ceiling by disinfecting and antiseptic to avoid the appearance of mold, fungus and unpleasant odor after installing the design. Also, the surface on which the fabric will stretch should be covered with primer preferably in several layers.
The joints between the concrete walls are best to smoke with fiberglass ribbon along with PVA glue. If there are already cracks on the ceiling, they can be filled and aligned with cement mortar, and at large deepening - assembly foam or plaster. It is necessary in order for the canvas to be no holes after shrinkage.
Laminate or parquet should be treated only after mounting the ceiling surface. But if such delicate flooring is already installed, they need to be covered with a dense cardboard, so as not to damage them with a stepladder.
It is necessary to prepare walls in advance before installing the web: plastering, shove wallpaper - make all the "dirty work". After mounting the stretch ceiling, it is undesirable - dust can be satisted on the fabric.
Select the number of levels, designate the number and place of the lamps in advance.
After preliminary preparation, it is necessary to calculate and place the lowest point of the design, because it will begin to install a profile, with which the canvas will be mounted. From the base it is necessary to postpone about 6 cm - this is the distance and will be considered a minimum height of the stretch design.
If the ceilings have many levels, it is best to make calculations and markup for each position individually. It is very important to observe the strict geometry of the room and its plan, as this is a responsible and difficult point at the markup stage. During the installation of the ceiling with several levels, the distance from the initial base should increase.
In addition to the symbol of the lowest point of the facing material, it is necessary to calculate the size of the tensioning canvas.
There are several important tips with which the installation of the ceiling will be able to produce even a beginner.
- You only need to measure using the tools that give the most accurate result. For this, the laser meter or roulette is well suited.
- Measurements need to be displayed in the drawing, which will show the room from above and have a comfortable scale, reflecting the proportions of the room in centimeters in the picture.
- Denote in the drawing angles of the room and call them clear and simple symbols, for example, Latin letters.
- The perimeter and diagonal should be measured as close as possible to the ceiling and fix these results in the figure.
Only after the actions performed should go for the purchase of the canvas.
Stretch ceilings can be divided into two categories depending on the type of material used.
- Fabric seamless. These ceilings are made of polyester. The canvas turns out not quite dense, and according to the structure resembles the grid. Because of this, such ceilings can "breathe", that is, they paste air through itself, thereby creating a cozy microclimate indoors. To keep the mold well, it is impregnated with a mixture of polyurethane at the production stage. It makes such a canvas with 5-meter rolls - for this reason, during installation there is no need to fasten the canvas with each other.
- Vinyl. Stretch PVC ceilings are manufactured on special machines with a width of up to three meters wide. They are waterproof, very cheap and lungs in cleaning. However, some disadvantages have: may be damaged by any pointed object, as well as they are unstable to cold.
Some people prefer to install Plasterboard ceilings, but they, in contrast to the tension, have a number of minuses.
- To achieve the desired color of the ceiling, drywall need to be painted independently.
- There is much more noticeable seams that are unpleasant for aesthetic look at the ceiling of plasterboard.
- Plasterboard is not a moisture-resistant material, so from the flood, which can accidentally arrange neighbors on top, it will not save.
- Stretch ceilings are treated with an antistatic agent, so dust does not settle on them. They are also able to push fat and do not absorb smells, and the plasterboard ceilings do not have such properties.
- Standard drywall does not have good sound insulation, which can offer tension cloths.
- Installation of drywall is a very complex and time-consuming process that can take longer, involve several people and special expensive tools. This can not be said about the stretched canvases. Such ceilings can be installed in one person, and the installation procedure itself takes only about 2 hours. In addition, complete with a cloth you can get a set for self-installing stretch ceiling.
Professionals in the field of finishing repairs having a set of special tools can tighten the ceilings in just a few hours. But this does not mean that an ordinary person who does not possess the specific skills of the repairman can not have the installation of the canvas.
To do this, you just need to have a set of specific tools.
- One or two stepladders. They are very convenient to use when you need to make work at the height. In addition, it has a small platform, which allows you to keep the necessary tool at hand.
- Extension. It is used when you need to connect the tool in a convenient place, far from the outlet.
- Perforator. We are necessary when preparing holes for dowels. It is important to remember that the holes in the brick wall are done by a shock drill, and the concrete can be drilled only by a perforator.
- Laser roulette. It is needed for accurate measurements.
- Rechargeable screwdriver. It is used when you need to screw the screws, and they are used when installing in large quantities.
- Special shovel for montage of cloths. Raw materials for her usually stands stainless steel. Such spatulas have various forms, length and angles of inclination to the rod. They are also very durable and not bent under mechanical exposure. It is worth noting that ordinary spatulas in such a responsible business will not fit.
- The presence of heat gas gun And the cylinder to it is a pen with an important moment in pulling the canvases. Without this tool, it is impossible to make the installation of vinyl canvases. The price of the device is extremely high, so it is best to rent this device.
Most often during the installation of ceilings, special guns that have a power of about 10 kW or more are used. They are powered by liquefied gas from the cylinder. Also during self-installation of tensioned webs, a room heater is used in order to heat the space, and a hairdryer with hot air - to smooth wrinkles and folds on the canvas. It should be noted that the spike is caught even the gas gun at home is impossible. This process is carried out exclusively in production conditions on special equipment.
- Detector for measuring the gas level. It is used to control the gas level in the room during the operation of the thermal gun. It is necessary to follow the rules for maintaining their own security when using devices running from gas, as its leakage can occur from the cylinder through a spoiled hose.
- Metal detector. Used to look for electrical wires, metal and hood profiles, which may be damaged when drilling.
- Jacking thread or cord. It is used in the case when it is necessary to place the lines for which the guide profiles should be fixed. It is a small box with paint that you need to apply on the thread. Then the thread is blurred and secured at the required level.
- Clips - fasteners For fixing the canvas. They help temporarily secure the cloth in the required position. Such adaptations are most useful when a person works alone.
- Manual hole punch. The tool is designed to punch holes in aluminum baguettes. The holes can be made and a drill, but they will have burrs and look completely careless, and the hole package can be made of the same type and neat punctures.
- Stuslo - This is a device needed to cut baguettes at an angle of 45 degrees for their docking in the corners of the room.
- Mounting PVC rings or mortgages. They are characterized by high thermal resistance. They are used to strengthen the canvas around the pipes, lamps and other engineering communications. Also manufactured special mortgages under the eaves.
- Also to pull the ceilings The presence of pliers, a good hammer, high-quality laser or water level, a disk saw, painting tape, materials for metal and a tree, drills for a drill or a perforator with a diameter of 3 to 6 millimeters, self-adhesive insulation, isol and diamond nadfil.
The procedure for pulling the ceiling is a rather complicated occupation, but if you follow all the rules, you can install the canvas with your own hands.
First you need to disassemble which methods of fasteners of cloths.
Method of fastening with a stroke. This type of installation was invented by Russian masters and use it most often in Russia, as well as countries of near abroad. This is a very economical method of mounting the stretch ceiling, as it does not require any special production or special technical devices. With such an installation, the distance from the ceiling to directly the canvas will be the most minimal and will be about 1.5 cm. In addition, the use of attachments of this type is released from the need to produce neat calculations.
There is a large number of minuses in such a system of tensioned cloths:
- After the insertion of the stroke canvas undergoes deformation, and after that the fabric cannot be dismantled and hang again;
- The ceiling can be strongly resolved, and the seams can be twisted, because the installation itself is made only approximately without precise measurements;
- After some time, the strokes can start pissing and fall out of the design.
You can also install tension ceilings using harpoon. First, the canvas cut out exactly the size of the room, but 7-10% less ceiling area. In this case, it is very important to correctly make measurements. After that, it is necessary to welcome harpoon. Tvch-machines are designed for such purposes.
The assembly is made using a specific spatula or blades for mounting. The design starts to collect from the ceiling corners: insert one corner, after that the one that lies on the opposite wall diagonally, and also come with everyone else. At that moment, when all the angles refuel into baguettes, the mid-walls are put. After the stretch you just need to install a decorative insert, and the ceiling will be ready.
In the case of the use of this fastening system, the canvas will be minimal, since it is already initially cut out a little less room area. It is worth noting that the fabric can be repaired in contrast to the one where the strokes are applied. However, this pleasure will cost more.
In addition to the two methods listed, there are also the third - this is a clipsing fastening system, which is used only for tissue ceilings. The difference is that in this case it is not necessary to make a decorative insert and use the gas gun. Cloth panels are inserted into the baguette on the principle of "clothespins". Fabric baguette is made of durable and strong plastic so that the clip is reliable.
Here, there is also no need for accuracy measurement of the ceiling size, because the web is cut out with a reserve at 20-30 cm. Canvas refueling into a baguette for mounting. The fabric is inserted and cut off the extra sticking pieces - now the ceiling is ready. A pleasant bonus is the fact that in this system of attachment, as in the first case, the minimum distance is obtained between the ceiling and directly the blade. But all the disadvantages of the stroke method of attachment from the clips system are also available.
Below is a step-by-step instruction that will tell about how to pull the canvas correctly. Observing strict sequence and sequence in steps, you can come to a successful result - an impeccable stretched ceiling.
Step number 1
It is necessary to find the location of the lowest point of the stretch ceiling itself, and then calculate the required level on which it will be convenient to install light bulbs. Then it is worth marking the height line with a pencil or a sheer lace. After that, the baguette must be fixed.
On the other hand, the baguette needs to be inscribed at points where it should come into contact with the corners. After that, fix with self-drawers, having previously driven a dowel from plastic into the walls near the ceiling, with a period of 20 cm from each other - in the event that the walls are distinguished by durability, or from 8 to 10 cm - when the walls are unstable. The joints of the joints should be chopped by a painting ribbon.
Step number 2.
At this stage, layouts and mortgages for single lamps are installed. To secure the mounting rings to the ceiling, it is necessary to use the suspensions from the metal, they are also used during the workpiece of the frame design for the plasterboard ceilings. After that, you need to place the location of the lamps on the ceiling, install boxes for branch and conduct wires.
So that the wires do not rub apart from each other, and there was no short circuit, you need to stretch them through corrugated tubes. After that, to the ceiling should be attached to the mortgages together with the wires, pre-scoring into the holes of the stroke and securing the suspensions from the second edge. The height of the lower line of the suspension should correspond to the level of the stretch ceiling.
Then the wires should be placed in the loop just below the mortgage platform by 10-15 cm, to make a cut from below, which will divide it into two equal parts. Then you need to clean it, isolate the wires from each other and sort by colors. Before this it is necessary to establish terminal cables. It is necessary to do it so that the insulation is a bit closed with a plastic platform, and there was no short circuit. Then it is necessary to put the wires with terminals on the mounting ring - after this manipulation it will not be a hindrance when pulling the canvases.
Step number 3.
In the center you need to build a chandelier. It takes a mortgage of large size for its installation, as well as screws and metal suspensions. We must not forget about the height of the design - it must coincide with the level of the stretch ceiling. Then it should be noted the future location of the chandelier, hold the wire from the branch box and stretch it through the corrugated pipe. After this procedure, it is necessary to clean and wind the exchanging tape ends of the wire.
Step number 4.
Now it is necessary to install the cornice. For this, it is necessary to prepare mortgages in advance.
This can be done as follows:
- Drill holes and insert dowels;
- Self-pressing to consolidate direct suspensions;
- To stretch the sheer cord from one wall to another so that it corresponds to the height of the stretch ceiling;
- Measure the desired length of a tree of wood and mount it by the location of the cord, secure the suspensions from the metal. In order for wood to serve for a long time, it is recommended to impregnate it in advance with its composition that repulsion.
Step number 5.
After mounting the suspension for the curtains, it is worth embarking the tissue. Before this should be thrilled in the corners of the clamps specifically designed for such purposes. Thanks to this, the canvas does not slip at the time of installation, and a special gasket will protect it from defects. After completing these actions, it is worth placing a heat gun and prepare a spatula with rounded corners in order to stick the canvas in the groove. Then you need to unwind the sleeve of the burner and connect to electricity.
Step number 6.
Unpack the canvas and inspect it from all sides - it is important to trace it to be completely integer, without cracks and breaks. Then you need to attach the edges of the cloth on the clothespins, pre-fixed in the corners. Secure the canvas at some points of the clothespins and insert it with a rounded spatula in the baguette. Fill the cloth, strictly following the periphery to the middle of the ceiling, and continue to warm it up with a heat flush.
Strips of the fabric that will hang, you need to carefully separate the sharpened knife. Before this, it is better to make sure that the stretch is firmly fixed.
After successful refueling, the corners are able to warm up the canvas and fill the middle. At this time, the temperature in the thermal cannon should reach 60 ° C. It must be brought to the cloth at a sufficient distance. After some time, the clamps need to be removed. When making installation follows with one hand, hold the cloth during refueling it into the baguette to avoid slipping. It is also best to attract an assistant - you can quickly and high quality cope with the task.
After tensioning and fixing the canvas, the baguettes need to do the pipe with the pipe, if it is on the ceiling.
This happens as follows:
- First indicate the place where the incision will be. To do this, select the point where the pipe passes through the ceiling. The canvas is very tight pressed against it without forming folds.
- Craise, following the direction where the pipe is closer to the wall. No longer to make scissors or knife.
- After that, useless pieces of fabric need to be hidden for the stretch ceiling and fill the ends, heading towards the pipe.
- Then in place where the pipe is visible, put a decorative plastic overlay, which can hide these small defects, and make this fragment of the ceiling with a pleasant look.
Step number 7.
On the cloth you need to find points where mortgages are installed for future lamps. It is worth taking a rings resistant to high temperatures (they are also called thermolheads), specially intended for these purposes, and misoap them with strong glue used in the installation work. The use of simple glue can make a fabric unsuitable for use. Thermolo tape is inserted into the marked points, the adhesive is seized and fixes the rings in the right places.
After that, it is necessary to cut the cloth with a construction knife so that round holes appear on the inside of the ring. To do this procedure also stands with other future light bulbs. Then you need to pull out the insulated wire connections to the lighting devices. In the same way, it should be done with the lamp cord in the center.
Step number 8.
After that, the lighting appliances should be installed. For the stretched ceiling, they can be LED, energy-saving or light bulbs with halogen. Useful to comply with the following recommendations.
Luminaires should not be more powerful than 40 watts, as otherwise the cloth will come into disrepair in a year due to overheating. Single lighting devices must have a rim from plastic or metal and cover thermocol. It is best to purchase LED bulbs with a label protrusion that comes out of the cut of the bulb and has a wide angle of lighting. When selecting the light bulbs for stretching design, it is important to focus on the presence of a lattice, which contributes to the cooler and preservation of the durability of the radiator. At the end of the installation of all lamps should check them in operation.
Step number 9.
The last stage of work is to embed protrusion for curtains and decorative inserts. Masking clearance that can form between wall panels and stretched canvases, stands with a plinth for the ceiling. It will ideally look in rooms with any layout. Fixing the plinth is only necessary on the walls of the room, and not to the stretched canvas, otherwise there may be screeds, unpleasant to the tissue.
In addition to the plinth, the ceiling is still sticking the flexible tape to mask seams. This device can be simply inserted and removed from the groove. Also, masking tapes have a large number of colors options, so they can satisfy anyone, even the most picky person. Additionally, you can insert the cornice to the pre-harvested wooden bar, cheat the curtains and rejoice in your own achievements.
At this point, the installation of tensioned cavals ended with their own hands.
Answers to frequent questions
Ceilings are installed before sticking wallpaper or after? This problem has an optimal solution - it is best to carry out joint draft work both in the blending of wallpaper and to pull the ceiling.
This work is divided into several stages:
- Elimination of previous finishing materials;
- Processing of ceiling surfaces and walls with a mixture that prevents the fungus;
- Climbing cracks, holes and other damage;
- Leveling of the surface with the help of a plaster mortar;
- The implementation of simultaneous measurements for the future stretched ceiling, as well as the calculation of the desired number of rolls of wallpaper for sticking in the room;
- Attaching baguettes to the bases of the future stretched ceiling, installation of metal structures, laying of sound insulation;
- When the walls become completely dry, you should shove wallpaper. The edges that are under the baguettes, before installing the tensioning canvas, it is better to trim the stationery knife so that it is impossible to be inadvertently spoiled. Walls after sticking must be left to complete bread;
- Implementation directly by mounting stretch design. Installation of lamps, after which the fabric is attached to the pre-harvested design.
What should be the minimum distance? On the question of how the tensioning system should be descended, there is no certain answer. This problem needs to take into account many points, as well as pay attention to a number of aspects during work planning. In the theory, the distance between the web and directly the ceiling is the distance from the initial surface of the ceiling to the stretched canvases - it has a property to change from 2 to 30 cm.
The change in the size of this gap has the effect of some reasons:
- The difference in the heights in the overlaps;
- the location and form of communications on the ceiling of the room;
- Building and types of light bulbs;
- In the suspended system, its structure and form are important.
However, for mounting a simple single-tier ceiling, you can easily calculate everything. Using a level, it is necessary to determine the point on the ceiling surface, which is located at the bottom of the proposed design, and retreat from it down several centimeters, for example, 5 or 10. But it is important to remember that the minimum distance from the point should be 3.5 cm. Since this value Makes up the width of the mounting profile, it is to it fix the entire ceiling structure.
How much time do you need to install? It all depends on how professional is a person engaged in this work. But if the skills on this subject does not have a person, then, by observing technology, you can easily and quite quickly deal with the tension device of the canvas.
In addition, there is a universal formula for calculating the cost of time to install the canvas. For example, if the ceilings without embedded lamps, then on the cloth of 20 square meters. M will leave about 3-4 hours. However, if it is planned to embed point devices in the ceiling, then the same meters will leave for 1-2 hours.
What is better to mount on the wall of plasterboard? Before fixing stretch ceilings to the wall of plasterboard, you need to comply with some rules: check the reliability and quality of the walls of plasterboard, and how well it relies on the capital wall, especially at the top throughout the perimeter of the room. Plasterboard surface should not have any deflection, cracks, bundles and rubbing. Only after such an inspection it is worth starting the installation of the stretch ceiling. At that time, when the canvases are mounted on drywall, only fried plastic or metal anchors use.
How to make a hole in the stretch ceiling? In the stretch ceiling there are many features. One of these properties is the difference in how to do holes in the canvas. And it follows from the purpose of the hole.
If you need to do a hole for a pipe, then you need to do the following:
- Take a plastics with a thickness of about 2 mm and make a rectangle, slightly exceeding the diameter of the hole;
- in the middle to make a hole with a diameter of 7 mm, preferably with a margin;
- stretch the canvas all over the room, but not to dotos to the pipe;
- cut in the central part of the pipe and fill for the profile;
- cut off a piece of material for masking a circle;
- Hide the edges for the canvas.
The process of creating holes for lighting devices is slightly different:
- Apply markup;
- Paste exactly on this markup markup;
- adjust the ringing rings;
- Conduct wiring to the hole, but before this test the function of light bulbs;
- stretch the cloth and touch the points;
- Lubricate glue rings from soft plastic and hang in those places where marks are located;
- Install light sources.
Spectacular examples for inspiration
- The glossy canvas with point lights harmoniously fits into the kitchen design, while creating an atmosphere of purity and comfort.
- Children's room, decorated in yellow-blue tones, gives a child a summer mood, and a bright sun on the stretch ceiling adds a sip of fresh air.
On how to install a tension ceiling with your own hands, see the following video.
Stretch ceilings are a popular form of finishing both in private houses and in urban apartments. When compliance with the installation technique, it turns out even and durable coating that does not require care. To reduce costs, many prefer to install on their own. Below we will conduct a master class in which we will show the steps, how stretch ceilings do. Detailed guide will help to deal with all the nuances and installation stages.
What stretch ceilings can be made with your own hands
According to the manufacturing technology, two types of stretch ceilings distinguish:
The main difference is the material of the canvas. In the first case, a thin polyvinyl chloride film is used, in the second - synthetic polyester fabric impregnated with polyurethane. Each material has both pros and cons.
The main advantages of PVC films:
- Waterproofability - when flooding the stretch ceiling, keeps water, and after the liquid is solved, returns to the same type;
- Many color variations - more than 250 shades of various textures (glossy, matte, satin, textural, with patterns or photo printing are produced);
- The possibility of conducting wet cleaning - due to this, it is easy to care for the ceiling and remove even the most resistant pollution.
Advantages of fabric cloths:
- Frost resistance - polyester withstands negative temperatures up to -50ºC, without losing properties;
- The large width of the canvas is 5.1 m against the maximum 3.2 m for film, which allows you to make seamless ceilings in almost any rooms;
- Strength - withstands a random strike or a fleeing tube from champagne;
- Air permeability - due to microscopic holes in the structure of the material, the canvas does not interfere with the air exchange indoor.
The disadvantages of film ceilings can be attributed to low strength - PVC rushes from contact with sharp objects and does not tolerate negative temperatures. The main disadvantages of fabric cavals are considered to be high cost and modest choice of colors - only about 20 shades of predominantly pastel tones.
The installation of the stretch ceiling is possible for both options, but there is a difference in the installation technology. PVC film is pre-warmed so that the material becomes elastic and stretched. To do this, use a gas thermal gun. After cooling the film is stretched and forms a smooth surface. The polyester canvas does not require heating and immediately after installation has a ready-made appearance.
Earlier, we have already described in detail the technology of installing a tissue tension ceiling, in this article, consider how to pull the PVC cloth.
Principle of installation of stretch ceilings
The technology of the device is as follows: The design of the stretch ceiling is a web, stretched on the frame of aluminum or plastic profiles (baguettes), which are attached around the perimeter of the room. The PVC film is refilled in the frame and fixed reliably. Due to the tension, a smooth ceiling surface is formed. Visually fastening scheme is shown in the section in the photo.
Installation occurs in stages. Installation procedure Next:
- First, the room is measured. Then a sketch of the future ceiling with places of lighting devices is prepared. Based on the drawing is made by cutting PVC films.
- If necessary, the basis for tensioning the canvas is preparing.
- After that, the markup is made to mount the frame and the profile is mounted.
- Next, the mortgages are installed under the lamps and the wiring is paved in accordance with the installation scheme.
- Then the PVC film is heated by the heat flush, stretches and fixed in the baguette.
- After that, lighting devices are installed and connected.
- At the last stage, the mounting gaps are masked, which remain at the junction of the walls and the stretch ceiling.
- 2 Preparation of the foundation
- 7 List Tings
- 9 Masking of junks
The cutting PVC film is made in production, so the measurement and preparation of the drawing is better to entrust professionals.
The fact is that the canvas is cut exactly in terms of the size of the room, taking into account the stretching of the material. It is important not to be mistaken in the calculations, as it will not be possible to correct the error in the installation process. The film will resist, folds form or simply does not stretch to the desired width. The remaining stages are easy to perform on their own, the installation technology is simple, any domestic master can cope.
General installation rules
The film ceilings retain properties only at the plus temperature, so they are installed exclusively in apartments or homes for permanent residence. PVC is equally well suited for economic premises and residential rooms. Especially recommended in bathrooms, bathrooms and in the kitchen, since the film is not afraid of moisture, protects against leaks from above and is easily cleaned compared to other types of materials.
The stretch ceiling is recommended to be installed at the last stage of repair when all finishing and construction work has already been completed. The exception is the wallpaper, since when installing baguettes, they are most likely stained, and remove pollution will be pretty hard, especially with relief surfaces.
Align and prepare the draft overlap before installing the stretch ceiling is not required. But if the stucco is old and crept on, you need to remove everything that may later fall on the canvas, and then strengthen the surface.
Attention! In the process of stretching the PVC film, the room warms up to + 40ºC, and the temperature reaches + 70ºC near the gun. Therefore, furniture, paintings and other items that may suffer from heat, it is better to endure.
Technology fastening tension ceilings
For fixing the PVC film, special baguettes are used, which are mounted around the perimeter of the room at a short distance from the basic overlap. There are different types of profiles for the stretch ceiling. They differ in manufacturing material, design, fastening system and installation method.
For film ceilings, two ways of fixing the canvas are used:
- Garpoon . It is recognized as the most reliable. For mounting to the edge of the PVC film after the cutting, a curved plastic edge (harpoon) is welded. In the installation process, the edge is inserted into the baguette and clings to a special protrusion in the profile design. The canvas is securely fixed and keeps on the principle of harpoon, for which the mount and got such a name. The remaining clearance is closed by a special camouflage ribbon. There is also a preceptive profile, but for its installation requires perfectly flat walls.
- Strapic (Wedow). The film is measured with a margin. The canvas refuel into the profile and is fixed with a special plug in the form of a wedge or stapper. Excess the films are then trimmed, and the gap closes with a decorative insert.
The technology of installing ceilings with a harpoon fastening requires an accurate calculation of the size of the web, otherwise the films will not be enough or the ceiling will be saved. But the installation is performed quickly and easily, as the tension is calculated with a string, it is enough just to fix the harpoon to the baguette. Additionally, such a fastening system allows you to easily remove the coating and pull again. This is necessary, for example, to drain the water after the flood or repair the electrician behind the ceiling.
With a stroke mounting, the cutting of the canvas is made approximately and the errors are not so scary. But manually adjusting the tension of the film is much more complicated and for only experienced specialists. In addition, this method refers to unintended. After dismantling the coating will have to acquire a new film.
Thus, it is better to choose a harpoon fastening system for self-installation of the stretch ceiling from PVC.
Types of profile
Baguettes are made of plastic or aluminum. Metal more expensive, but stronger and more durable. In areas of more than 20 square meters, it is recommended to install aluminum. If the size of the room is less, and plastic are suitable.
At the place of attachment, baguettes are divided into wall and ceiling. Which one to choose, depends on the height of the design and condition of the draft ceiling. The minimum retreat from overlaps is achieved by the ceiling profile (2-3 cm). But in such cases it is impossible to mount the built-in lighting or hidden cornice for curtains. And the draft ceiling should be perfectly even and strictly horizontal, which is extremely rare in practice.
When mounting to the walls, there is more height in the room, but under the canvas you can hide the mortgages for lamps, power supplies or engineering communications. Also, the wall profile makes it easy to set a horizontal level, even with strong black flux drops.
In practice, the ceiling baguette is rarely used and applies only in cases where there is no alternative. For example, there is no access to the wall due to a wardrobe or partition material does not allow to secure the profile.
Preparation of instruments and materials
Now consider what you need to prepare for work. To make a stretch ceiling with your own hands, you will need the following tools:
- laser or water level;
- Milling cord;
- Perforator (it is convenient to use a tool with a built-in vacuum cleaner, but the usual one will fit);
- screwdriver or screwdriver;
- Bulgarian either hacksaw for metal;
- construction or stationery knife;
- Special bent spatula for refueling the canvas in baguette;
- Thermal gun and a cylinder with propane.
From consumables will be required:
- Fasteners (if the walls made of foam concrete or wood are used 5x40 screws, for concrete and bricks - 5 × 50 dowel-nails);
- aluminum or gregarious tape;
- Protectory rings and mortgage platforms for lamps;
- plastic plates for pipe crawling;
- Special COMOFEN glue for mounting the thermal coolers and rubber (the use of conventional adhesive is not recommended, as it can spoil the cloth);
- Cable and terminal cable for connecting point lights.
The heat gun can be leased, baguettes and other components for stretch ceilings are the easiest way to order in a specialized online store.
Cutting and firepooling the canvas is performed in production. It will not work independently, it will be necessary to order at the installation of stretch ceilings. The PVC film will cut out in size, prior to the edge for the harpoon mount and will bring a ready-made canvas.
It should be borne in mind that the width of the film does not exceed 3.2 m (depends on the manufacturer and texture). If the size of the room is more, parts of the canvas are connected by welding on a special high-frequency machine, resulting in a hardly noticeable seam. If you wish for an additional fee, you can order a seam center that the patterns of the film are set up symmetrically.
Step-by-step installation instructions
Consider the process of installing a simple stretch flow in one level with built-in point lights and pipes. As a frame, we will use wall aluminum baguettes with a harpoon fastening. The following is a detailed step-by-step instruction on the installation of the stretch ceiling from the PVC film. It is important to comply with the installation sequence and switch to the next step only when the previous one is completed.
Preparation of the foundation
The rough ceiling will be closed, so the alignment is not required. But falling pieces of plaster or paint can damage the film. For this reason, all parts of the old coating are removed from the surface, which are poorly held, including dirt and dust.
Then the overlap is impregnated with antiseptic primer. This action has two goals:
- Strengthening the foundation (so that nothing has been looked from it);
- Prevention of mold appearance.
Plastering or painting the surface is not required.
First of all, it is necessary to determine how much the stretch ceiling will fall. For embedded luminaires, an indent is required at least 7 cm from the base. In other cases, the ceiling can only be descended by 3-5 cm. But the smaller this distance is, the harder it is to work perforator. Sometimes the suspension canvas hide engineering communications (air ducts, pipes, etc.), then the film is stretched even lower.
Then you need to measure the overlap height difference and find the lowest point. Selected distance is postponed from it. With the help of a laser level and pencil, indents are transferred to the walls and put labels in the corners. Then apply and pull the bulk cord to connect the marks. As a result, around the perimeter of the room, a flat line with the desired indentation from the draft ceiling will be obtained. Marking should be strictly horizontal.
Before starting work, it is necessary to determine the location of the wiring, usually it passes vertically switches to the ceiling. Installation of baguettes begins with any inner corner.
The order of work is as follows:
- The profile is applied to the wall in such a way that the lower edge comes from the markup line.
- The perforator is drilled by holes in the wall in a step of 12-15 cm. The locations of the intended passage of the wiring are skipped.
- Then plastic dowels are inserted.
- The baguette is pressed against the wall and is attached by universal Samores 5 × 50.
The joints should be perfectly coincided in the level. The maximum allowable gap between baguettes is 3 mm. And so that the sharp corners and the edges of the profile do not damage the PVC film, they are neatly treated with a file with an aluminum scotch.
Important! This is the most responsible stage on which the reliability of the entire design depends. The profile must be firmly fixed.
If baguette is staggering, you need to screw one more or more screws to fix the structure. Sometimes it is not enough, in such cases they make a strut from a piece of profile, one end of which is attached to the ceiling, and the other presses the baguette to the wall.
Installation of inner and outer corners
There are some nuances here. Be sure to use one baguette, there should be no joints in the corners.
Installation is performed as follows:
- The roulette is measured from the previous profile to the corner.
- The measurement is postponed on a new baguette and in this place is done with a grinder or hacksaw for metal. Cut from the back (adjacent to the wall).
- Then the profile is neatly bend and fixed in such a way that there is no gap between the baguette and the wall.
Features: For the inner corner, one incision is made, and for the outer - three, with a distance of 10 mm between them, after which they remove the covered parts by passats.
Installation of mortgage and wiring for spotlights
Next, preparing for lighting lighting. The ceiling is celebrated where the lamps will be located. It is advisable to designate projections on the floor. Then after installing the stretch ceiling it will be easier to find places of fastening of lighting devices.
Then the mortgages are made. For installation you will need:
- a universal thermoplastic platform (suitable for any lamps with a diameter of 50 to 115 mm);
- flexible metal suspensions;
- Short screws "bugs" with a length of 9-10 mm.
Installation occurs in this order:
- Before starting work, the ring of the desired size is cut, it should be slightly larger than the diameter of the lamp.
- The suspension is bent in the form of the letter "P" or cut in half and is screwed to the platform with short screws (enough for two on each side).
- Then the mortgage is applied to the ceiling and places places for fasteners.
- The perforator drills holes and plastic dowels are inserted.
- The mortgage is attached to the ceiling by self-draws with a length of 51 mm.
Note! The lower part of the platform should be on the same level with the tensioning web. For this, the thread is stretched between two opposite profiles, which align the mortgages. If the platform appears, a slightly bent off the suspension.
The next step is the wiring. Use Cable Cable ShvvP 2 * 0.75. It is enough to install 20 lamps. Electrical cables stretch to mortgage. For mounting the wires use the same suspensions. So the cable will not fall further on the canvas. For additional protection (especially in wooden houses), the corrugation is used.
All luminaires are connected to the chain in parallel with the use of a suitable power terminal block. Most often, it is rather rated in 3-5 A (for power 660-1100 W).
Ends are cleaned with isolation and refuel into terminals. Wires are displayed by 10-15 cm below the platform and are removed for the mortgage, so as not to interfere during the tension of the web. After that, you can move to the next step.
Before starting work in the room, all windows and doors are closed so that there are no drafts. The film is neatly unpackled and unfold. Then at the corners of the room are fixed with the special clothespins "crocodiles" and suspend the canvas. Surfaces concerning PVC, soft and without sharp edges, so do not damage the film.
It is important to hang the web correctly, the harpoon connection band should be directed downwardly down.
After that, the room warms the heat gun to 50 ° C. It is guided so as to heat the cloth. The PVC film becomes elastic and stretched well, and the edge softened.
Then the canvas tighten and fill in the baguette. To do this, use a special metal spatula with a bent surface. The harpoon edge is put on the tool and gently insert into the profile deepening. Then the spatula is taken out.
Installation of installation Next:
- First, the film is fixed in one of the corners. Then - in the opposite.
- After that, refuel the cloth in two other corners.
- Next, moving from the center of the walls, the film is inserted into the baguette throughout the perimeter of the room.
The tension is not required to regulate, as it is calculated with a string. It is important to prevent breakdown breaks, otherwise folds are formed.
Often in the rooms through the ceiling pass pipes or water supply. In such cases, the installation is somewhat complicated. Additional components will be required, namely plastic circuits, the size of which exactly corresponds to the diameter of the pipe.
For PVC ceilings, the technology is as follows:
- Meals the distance from the center of the pipe to the nearest walls.
- Dimensions are transferred to the canvas, taking into account the shrinkage of the film. For this, the obtained value is multiplied by 0.92.
- Then the plastic output is cut and triggers to the pipe. It should not close to the profile, it is necessary to leave a gap of 4-5 mm.
- After that, the glue "Cosmofen" and the distribution is applied on the plate with a thin layer, pressed against the purple.
- Next, inside the ring is made several cuts in the form of a sun. The edges of the film are flexing and lined to plastic. After that, a straight incision is made to the end of the canvas.
- During mounting, the ring is put on the pipe.
In this case, the linen stretch begins with the circuit and the nearest angle. Also, the film is refilled in the baguette by 30 cm away from the pipe.
Installation of lighting
When the cloth is stretched, proceed to the installation of the lamps:
- Find a place where the mortgage is located under the ceiling.
- Then glued on the outside the thermocole so that its position coincides with the platform.
- Inside the rings are cut off the film.
- Pull the wires and connect to the lamp.
- Feed the springs and install a light bulb.
The chandelier is suspended to the ceiling by the same principle. But it does not take off, but is screwed to the mortgage screws.
Attention! Before starting work, you must turn off the voltage.
Masking of jigs
After mounting between the stretch ceiling and the walls there are gaps. The gaps are closed with a ceiling plinth or flexible camouflage ribbon. This is a special decorative insertion of the T-shaped for the harpoon profile, which is filled with a construction spatula. In the corners, the camouflage tape is cut and joined at 45 degrees.
On this, the installation of the stretch ceiling is completed. You can finish finishing and put furniture.
IMPORTANT: In the case of the use of ceiling plinth, the fastening is made only to the walls!
Is it possible to pull the ceiling one
An ordinary single-level construction can be mounted alone. The basic principles of the installation remain the same, although it will take more time. But the installation of a two-level ceiling or more complex forms will require helpers.
If the work is done alone, the laser level is installed on the platform stand or a special holder (the rod, which is fixed by the versus between the floor and the ceiling). During the chop at the point, the screws screw the screw and stretch the cord from it. You can mount the rope and on the tape.
The second probable problem is the installation of a big heavy chandelier by one person. Such a lamp is difficult to keep and fasten to simultaneously. If possible, it is better to choose something simpler and easy (Compact chandelier or built-in lamps).
Nuances and secrets of installation of stretch ceilings
In the process of work, newcomers often arise various difficulties. If you do not know the nuances of installation, errors can lead to irreparable consequences. Consider the most frequent problems arising from an independent installation.
How to warm the stretch ceiling
When tightening the web, the distance from the heat gun before PVC should be at least 1 m. The thermocouple is not sent for a long time, and make smooth turns. Heating should be uniform. Otherwise, you can spoil the film.
If the installation of the stretch ceiling is carried out together, one person fills the cloth, and the second stands behind and warms.
How to pull the stretch ceiling
During installation, folds may form. For cutting film makes this:
- Carefully remove harpoon on both sides of the problem space (approximately 30 cm).
- Warm folds with a cannon.
- Follow the middle of the baguette.
- Then - centers of free areas.
- Continue until everything is installed as a cloth.
Attention! If it was not possible to remove the fold, the operation is repeated, but freed the larger area of the film.
What to do when slapping the canvas
After installing the stretch ceiling, sometimes an unpleasant problem occurs. When you open the door or window, the film is drawn and sticks to the basic overlap. The outlines of mortgages and other elements located behind the cloth are becoming visible.
The cause of collapses is the difference in air pressure. When the air flow in the room it increases, and behind the ceiling remains the same.
To eliminate the problem there are two ways:
- Close all the gaps between the film and the walls.
- Put ventilating grilles. Then the air will quickly go into space for the web, and the pressure is to align.
In the first case, carefully inspect the ceiling to find all the gaps. The gaps close up with a sealant.
The second method is more preferable, since additional ventilation will ensure the ventilation of the interporal space, which reduces the likelihood of fungus. For the arrangement of the lattices, low-rise places are chosen: in the corners, behind the curtains, etc. The hole is cut into the canvas. To do this, use the protector ring for the lamp. Then a small ventilation grille is pasted so as to completely close the hole. The product can be selected for the color of the ceiling.
It is enough to install two lattices in opposite angles.
How to choose lamps for lighting
The film melts and yellows from high temperatures. Therefore, traditional incandescent lamps are not suitable. Energy-saving or LED devices are used for PVC ceilings. They consume little electricity and are distinguished by a long service life. When using halogen and incandescent lamps, power should not exceed 35 W. The most popular are SPOT with the base of G5.3 and GX53.
To warm the cloth, use a heat gun. But when working with it there is a danger of explosion or gas leakage. Therefore, it is necessary to comply with the safety rules:
- Before installing, check the connection of the cylinder with gas, hose and guns.
- Make sure in the condition of technology. With the slightest suspicions it is better to turn to the masters.
- View the date checking of the cylinder condition (indicated on the case).
- Refueling or repairing equipment to perform only in specialized workshops.
- Do not increase the length of the hose yourself.
- Do not direct the gun on the cylinder with gas and do not put next to the battery, heating pipe or other source of high temperatures.
The electric tub is safer in work, although it costs more. But warm the large room with its help is more difficult, so it is recommended to use a composite gas cylinder.
Features of operation and coating
The film ceilings are very easy to pierce with a sharp object, during installation you need to be careful. It is also important to take into account this property with further operation.
It is not allowed to clean the use of abrasives or acetone. They will damage the coating. It is also prohibited during washing strongly pressed on the canvas.
Modern film ceilings are processed by antistatic, dust is weak on them, but sometimes cleaning is needed (especially in the kitchen because of fat and splashes). Wet cleaning is suitable for PVC. Take a soft sponge or rag, weakly wet and wipe without excess pressure. From the means is suitable for cleaning the glasses, a gel for washing dishes or a soap solution. Then the surface wipe dry. Glossy ceilings are additionally treated with a weak solution of ammonic alcohol, it increases the shine.
Thus, the installation of stretch ceilings with their own hands is a relatively inexpensive and durable method of finishing. Under the proper installation technique, the coating serves as decades. And with certain construction skills, work can be performed alone without attracting assistants.
Hello readers of my blog! Speech today will go about how to make stretch ceilings with your own hands. It would seem that the matter is not cunning, but when you come across this problem, you have to think, but how to do it right, and what kind of preparation to perform, what materials pick up. In fact, I decided that this article would be useful for anyone, and dedicate my efforts to this topics. In it, I will answer a number of questions that will arise immediately before making stretch ceilings with your own hands, and some even after that. This topic is quite wide, because before work, a solid preparation is needed, and how to do it? And this is a separate topic. You can find out about all this in detail in the article below. Stretch ceiling
An increasingly demanded solution when choosing a method of finishing the ceiling in a house or apartment becomes stretch ceilings - a design that is a thin canvas stretched to a special frame below the draft ceiling.
Stretch canvas today offer many manufacturers: domestic, chinese, european.
At the same time, the quality and price of the stretch ceiling may vary in a wide range.
Advantages of stretch ceilings
Making a choice in favor of the stretch ceiling, the user receives the following advantages:
With all its obvious advantages, a stretch ceiling - an inexpensive solution available to everyone.
Tips for choosing
Given the huge number of proposals, buy a stretch ceiling may not be easy.
It is important to choose a high-quality product, however how to determine? The high cost of the stretch ceiling is not a 100% quality indicator. One of the main guidelines when buying should be the presence of a manufacturer's certificate.
As for the type of canvas to create a stretch ceiling structure, the PVC and fabric fabric are most in demand.
The latter are more expensive and will not protect the room from flooding from above, but the fabric is not afraid of negative temperatures, unlike PVC.
How to make a stretch ceiling with backlight
What to choose a stretch ceiling with backlight? According to this, the most frequently asked readers the question can be judged on the extraordinary popularity of PVC canvas in the ceiling design.
Whatever the aesthetic qualities of the stretched film, it is the backlight that makes the room - cozy, and the interior design is complete.
Instructions and videos in this article will tell what types of main and additional lighting can be used when arranging tension ceilings, which is needed for this, and how to make it yourself.
Lighting stretched ceiling
The main lighting of the ceiling, in the design of which is used by the tension cloth, most often also provided by a traditional chandelier or a false lamp. There are only some restrictions associated with the fact that PVC film can melt at a certain temperature.
Therefore, the main requirement for lighting appliances is that the power of the lamps used in them does not exceed 50W and their light should not be directed to the canvas.
SPOTS AND PERFORMING LIGHTS
But, one lamp in the center of the ceiling, and even with low-power light bulbs, it is not able to fully provide a good lighting room. Immediately the question arises: "How to choose the backlight of the stretch ceiling?". Embedded lamps will help this task, as well as ceiling spots that can not only highlight the ceiling, but also replace the main lighting.
What you need to know when we are talking about stretch ceilings: the installation of any lighting devices in this case should be designed in advance. It is necessary to provide the measurer information on the dimensions of the lamps and their locations. It is taken into account when stripping the cloth and installing mortgage parts.
In addition, it is necessary to pre-make the wires of wires so that they are hidden inside the ceiling space.
Spaces are usually installed around the perimeter of the ceiling, and simplicity of their installation allows you to do this without attracting specialists. The use of spots significantly saves installation time.
To take, for example, this option, as in the photo from above, it replaces four point lamps, but it requires only one mortgage item. Accordingly, the installation of the ceiling itself is simplified, in connection with which its price is reduced.
Spaces can be embedded, overhead, or combined. They are often confused with chandeliers, as several directional fixtures can be placed in a common building. For example, they can be based on both ordinary incandescent lamps and halogen and LED lamps. Such a spot is usually placed in the center of the ceiling, and in the perimeter, ordinary point lamps are installed. The spread has its own characteristics.
If several such lamps are installed, the cable from the junction box stretches only to the nearest of them. The rest are connected to it along a parallel scheme.
Before making the backlight of the stretch ceiling, all electrical works are produced, the conclusions for the lamps are isolated and left free. The lamps themselves are installed after the canvas will be stretched.
By the way, most of the spots have a power of 12V, so their network connection must be carried out either through a lowering transformer or through the adapter.
To install a point lamp in the stretch ceiling, a special suspension is mounted for overlapping. It is very important that its lower part is flush with the line of the canvas.
The holes in the film, carved under the lamps, are covered with heat-resistant plastic rings - it will not allow the canvas to crawl or melt.
How to make backlight for stretch ceiling? This question interests everyone who prefers exactly this design, the harmonious design of which is impossible to imagine without additional lighting. It is installed at the borders of the levels; around the perimeter, outside the cornices; And even inside the ceiling space. For highlighting use various materials and appliances.
What are these materials, and what are their features, you will learn from the table below.
These are miniature diode lamps that use the ceiling under the "Star Sky" scheme.
In them, the diodes are equipped with light scatters, thanks to which a very good optical effect is obtained. Installed on the ceiling in a tandem with a fiber optic cable, with the mandatory use of a downstream transformer. Mounted in a definite manner, alternating with cable fibers. Mimicize larger and bright stars.
An example of such a ceiling backlight can be seen in the picture from above.
The cable is a bundle of glass or plastic threads enclosed in a polymer shell, which does not allow the light to dissipate outside the fibers.
Installation is made by a fan. The process is time consuming, but the result is worth it. To do this, the projector is installed on the base ceiling, diodes and cable are mounted.
Then, stretches the cloth with the image of the stars. In it with a special soldering iron, holes with a diameter of 2 mm are being burned, in which the light guides are inserted. Down-tape is a printed circuit board on which LEDs are located at different intervals. It can have a one-color glow, or be multicolored.
Depending on the type of crystals, the loss in length may vary. The advantage of the tape in front of other types of lighting in the obvious simplicity of installation. Almost all types of ribbons have an adhesive base - the substrate is removed, and the tape is pressed against the solid surface.
Most often used for the contour backlight of the ceiling. The principle of operation of the neon cord, which is also called cold neon, is that a high-voltage current forming an electric field is supplied to one central and two contact copper wires.
Lyuminofor begins between wires begins to glow, radiating uniform beautiful light. It can work both from the constant network and from the batteries. Inverter is used to convert the current to the required value. Used to illuminate the boundaries of the levels of the stretch ceiling, as well as for the inner backlight of the translucent canvas.
Where the backlight is installed
In practice, several constructive ways of mounting LED-ribbon and cold neon are used. For contour backlight, their installation can be performed on the ceiling plinth specifically designed for this purpose.
Such eaves have a special configuration forming between it and the wall space sufficient to lay the cord. It is very convenient, inexpensive, and mounted fast enough.
But, in the overwhelming majority, another option is used: a plasterboard box with a niche serving to the center of the room.
In the suspended ceilings in general, combinations of drywall and PVC films are often created. And the option with a niche is not only interesting from the point of view of design, but also practical.
The box is installed around the ceiling perimeter, and allows you to hide in niche elements of backlight, wires, transformers, power supplies. Yes, and point lamps or spots are better to mount on plasterboard than to make holes in the canvas.
The box is a wide horizontal baguette, departing from no less than 20 cm.
Such a distance is necessary in order to remain a place for mounting the stretch ceiling, as well as for free access to the equipment hidden in a niche. The box is based on, like any drywall design, on the frame of the aluminum profile. The installation is made before the canvas will be stretched. On the edge of the box, a bend is turned up, 5-6 cm high.
Actually, he forms a niche. Thanks to such a design, standing on the floor of the room, it is impossible to see items that are in niche. But they can be seen in reflection on the film surface.
Therefore, if a glossy web will be used in the stretch design, the first method (with plinths) will be used to mount the cord or LED ribbon, or, install the lighting backlight. There is a version of the device hidden niche, but it is more difficult to make it, and is it worth it?
Due to the fact that the PVC film used in the stretch ceilings is thin enough and is well shouted, the backlight located in the inner space looks very original. Especially if the tape or cord is laying as a pattern or any image.
Stretch ceiling with your own hands
Even if in your house there is impeccable repair with all fashionable trends, and the ceiling remained twisted and fed with an uneven whitewash, the whole aesthetic look of the room approaches Zero's estimate.
By installing stretch ceilings, you get rid of the annual obligations to blees them, they can also become temporary insurance against a small flood, arranged by neighbors from above.
Installation of stretch ceilings with their own hands is quite realistic to realize without hiring for this specialists.
Preparatory stage before installing stretch ceilings
Before starting work, you need to carefully examine the ceiling. All that reflux with it or may turn off, fall off, should be eliminated to avoid the deformation of the new coating in the future.
Unlike the attachment of the ceilings in the apartment, their installation in private homes can be complicated by the presence of wooden floors, due to which some irregularities are formed. So that the stretch ceiling is not inflated, and the wind did not walk in it, it is necessary to glue all holes and cracks using the mounting foam.
Carefully also make sure that there are no empty spaces between the ceiling and walls, if they are still present, they should also be eliminated.
Ideal conditions for mounting stretch ceilings - an empty room without furniture. If there is no possibility to completely free the room, then it is necessary to make at least minor items and household appliances.
Make access to the walls as free as possible, intensifying the furniture closer to the center. All that remains should be covered with a protective film. On the floor we put the sheets of cardboard to avoid the appearance of scratches.
Wiring must be attached to the already existing ceiling, so that it did not touch the new one.
Before warm up the room (it is required when installing the ceiling from PVC), it is desirable to remove from plastic windows (if these are installed) suggestion.
Required tools and components for mounting the ceiling coating
Additional components for stretch ceilings: decorative inserts (can be different color); Special climb clothespins; Glue, plastic rings for lamps, various locks.
So, go directly to the question: "How to make a stretch ceiling."
Technology of installation of tension film ceilings
With the help of the level, we make markup, immediately applying a special thread. Thus, smooth lines around the perimeter must be formed, to which profiles are applied, previously drilled. When choosing a material for profiles, aluminum preference should be given, as they will serve longer.
Next, make marks on the wall, focusing on the drilled holes in the profiles applied. By marks, begin to drill holes with a perforator (the diameter of the drill is 6 mm). Then attach profiles using a screwdriver and screws.
Then the film for stretch ceilings is neatly unpackled in a preheated room (40-50 degrees). At the same time, make sure that there are no sharp items that could damage it. No need to panic if you saw the races on the film, the maximum after six months they straighten and disappear.
The ordered canvas should already be adjusted for the size of the room, it should be the so-called base angle from which the ceiling installation begins. Wipe the cloth on pre-installed in the corners of the suspended clips-clips.
It is important to make it so that the clips do not damage the film, for example, you can wrap them into any soft material.
We guide warm air from the gas gun, warming it up to 70-80 degrees to make a vinyl film more elastic. Then alternately, removing the clothespins, fix the cloth in profiles in the corners of the room using a special blade. Only after the procedure described above, we proceed to the consolidation of direct sections along the walls.
In order for the installation process evenly, it is recommended to fix the places with the seams first, then divide the remaining unlocked areas in half and again to attach them to profiles.
It remains only to pull and fix all other pieces. We complete the process of fastening in the profile of a special decorated rubber insert or gluing a foam baguette to the wall.
When the ceiling is set, we stick to the place to set the chandelier (or other types of lamps) plastic ring and gently cut the hole in it.
Features of the installation of seamless fabric ceilings
Seamless ceiling, as you already understood, is characterized by the lack of seams on the canvas when installed. A huge plus of this type of installation is that you do not need to warm the room. When installing a seamless ceiling, high-strength profiles are used, which are installed in the same way as for the ceilings from the film.
Installation of the tissue ceiling is slightly different from the installation of a film coating. If the ceiling of PVC is desirable to start taking off from the corners, then, seamless ceiling, on the contrary - from the middle of the wall.
Thus, at first there should be some kind of cross, focusing on which it is necessary to pull the rest of the pieces - from the center to the corners. When stretching, you need to use a special spatula. Sweet edges cut off with a knife.
Tip: If folds were formed on the canvas, they can be easily smoothed by the construction hairdryer.
Procedure for the dismantling of the stretch ceiling
Weightful causes for temporary removal of the ceiling coating can serve as a faulty wiring, cluster of a large volume of liquid as a result of the "top" flood, damage to the web.
Dismantling the ceiling with their own hands will not be much difficulty. You just need to be extremely neat if you want to use the material again. Before removing the ceiling itself, it is necessary to eliminate the decorative plinth.
To remove the ceiling of PVC, you will need a familiar device - a heat gun.
With its help, again, heating the film. Then carefully and slowly pliers pull the harpuna from profiles, starting from the corner. Protect the film coating will have all the time on different sites until it lasts the dismantling process so that it does not lose elasticity and did not break.
Dismantling the ceiling on a tissue basis is simplified by the fact that it is not necessary to maintain a high temperature indoor. But there may be difficulties with the direct "pulling" of the canvas from profiles. Since the grip of plastic staps with the profile will be much stronger than in the ceiling of PVC.
With proper care, stretch ceilings will serve for a very long time, satisfying all the aesthetic whims of the host house.
How to make a stretch ceiling
The subject of today's article will be a stretch ceiling, or rather it: varieties, advantages and, of course, installation. Well, for a start, let's deal with you, what is so special in this kind of ceilings.
Stretch ceilings are a cloth of polyvinyl chloride (such a PVC film) or from a polyester tissue, fixed in a special profile. At first glance, everything is very simple, however, the process of mounting the stretch ceiling contains many of its subtleties and difficulties. Let's go directly to the answer to the question: what is so good stretch ceiling.
Advantages of stretch ceilings
First, the stretch ceiling allows you to get a really smooth (almost perfect) surface.
Installation of the suspended ceiling is associated with a large amount of work aimed at eliminating different defects. Among which: careful installation of plasterboard plates in terms of level, then sealing the seams and cracks on the surface, and, of course, putting the place of attachment. Of course, it is very difficult to obtain the perfect surface of the ceiling with such a quantity of finishing works, and the non-professional is practically impossible.
The stretch ceiling is a solid cloth, on which there are no traces from the installation.
True, it can be argued here, since the design canvas also consists of spotted sections of the film, but the spikes of the canvas are practically not visible. But, despite this, there is a choice, as there are seamless stretch ceilings.
Secondly, the installation of the stretch ceiling is not at all troublesome occupation. For example, take the process of mounting the suspended ceiling from the drywall about which we wrote in the past article: work with drywall plates is accompanied by a large amount of dust and various construction debris.
In addition, the premises are simply necessary to clean from all furniture and other interior items, which, you see, it does not just create great inconvenience, but also takes a lot of effort and time. And then the process of mounting the suspended ceiling requires a long time to perform all the works: installation of the frame from the profile, the bend of the plasterboard sheet, putting off the joints and places of attachment, primer, painting, etc.
All this does not apply to stretch ceilings: for mounting the stretch ceiling, it is enough to mount a kind of frame, which is attached only around the perimeter of the room, heat the room, stretch and fix the ceiling canvas.
If we talk about the service life, then the stretch ceiling will give odds to any other. Warranty of the stretch ceiling from the manufacturer from 15 years, while the situation with suspended ceilings is much worse with a warranty up to 15 years. One of the main advantages of the stretch ceiling is the stability of the shrinkage of new buildings (as it is known, the house gives shrinkage, which are formed by cracks) that for the suspended ceiling is equal to the disaster.
Also separately, it is worth noting cases with flooding neighbors from above. When this happens in a room with a suspended ceiling - a complete replacement has to be replaced, but the stretch ceiling of moisture is absolutely not terrible. The stretch ceiling can bend under the mass of water right to the floor, which you can see in the picture and not to suffer.
The strength of the stretch ceiling from PVC is 100-120 kilograms per 1m2. The gathered water is very easy to dig up, and the canvas will take its original position, as whether it was nothing. It should also be noted that the stretch ceiling does not collect condensate, which makes it possible to apply it in rooms with high humidity.
Stretch ceiling has great functionality. It has good thermal insulation and excellent sound insulation, suitable for mounting in the hall and in kitchens or in bathrooms, as it will fireproof, allows you to mount any lighting devices from bulky chandeliers to miniature point lamps. As well as the stretch ceiling, this is the perfect option for low ceilings: when mounting the suspended ceiling, more than 10 cm from the total height of the room is taken, whereas when installing the stretch ceiling only 5 cm.
We just listed the functional advantages of the stretch ceiling, but also should not forget about their aesthetic attractiveness. For this, manufacturers produce films of various colors (by the way: the color of PVC film does not fade over time), textures (natural wood, marble, metallic, etc.), and the surface is not only matte, but even glossy, thanks to Famous designers use this material for a visual increase in space space.
But, despite this diversity, the most beautiful view of the design of the stretch ceiling is the reception, called the "Star Sky" effect.
This effect of the stretch ceiling is obtained in two ways: the first - with the help of light guides and the light generator or the second - using LEDs.
The first way is that the light guides are sent to the places of alleged stars, and with the help of the light generator, light is fed. You can take a bit and make a more elegant starry sky effect. To do this, it is necessary to attach lens to the light guides (Swarovski rhinestones ...) in the end we just get a fabulous effect with the ceiling light.
The use of LED "Star Sky" also has both strengths and not very. With the help of the controller, you can create different dynamic patterns such as: heavenly flickering or movement, which is impossible in the first case. However, and when applying the first type of "Star Sky" on the fibers there are advantages, such as a design, it turns out to be waterproof, which makes it possible to use it in rooms with high humidity.
As you know, there is nothing perfect, it concerns the tensioning ceilings.
Such a ceiling is quite easy to damage the sharp object. But a more significant disadvantage of the stretch ceiling at the moment is its price, which is varying from several tens to several hundred dollars per square meter. Well, probably, the last, but no less important lack of stretch ceilings is the complexity of their installation and the need for special equipment.
Installation of stretch ceiling with your own hands
Before installing the ceiling, you need to clarify a few points:
1. Stretch ceilings are from PVC film and polyester-based tissue;
2. It is unwanted to use lighting devices with a power of more than 45 W, otherwise they heat the ceiling, from which it will lose its elasticity and elasticity.
Now we will look at one of the easiest ways to install the stretch ceiling - when there are neither protruding pipes of communications overlooking the ceiling of various protrusions at the room. And for mounting the ceiling film we will use a special profile-baguette.
To begin with, it is necessary to determine the lowest corner in the room and it is already to make further installation of the stretch ceiling.
To do this, we use the hydroelectric background, we find an angle, we retreat 2-3 centimeters for the convenience of fastening the baguette (it all depends on the curvature of the ceiling and its drops). Next, it is necessary to note the zero level throughout the perimeter of the room. After the zero level line can be processed to the next stage.
At the next stage, we produce measurement angles in the room - it is necessary for high-quality docking a profile baguette in the corners. To do this, use special folding transport.
The zero level is, all the necessary measurements are made - you can move to the attachment of the profile. But before proceeding directly to the installation of the profile rail, it must be prepared. Two ways are possible here:
Then the profile rail is fastened on the wall along the planted zero level with dowels or self-tapping screws. As a result, we must get a room with an attached profile on the wall around the perimeter of the room.
Now, with the help of a heat gun or a fan heater, heat the room to a temperature in the tails of 45-50 degrees. And only to achieve the required temperature can unwind the ceiling PVC film.
When with all preliminary preparations, it is possible to start directly to pull the canvas. Installation of the canvas begins with a base angle (as a rule, it is marked on the film by the manufacturer), then fasten the opposite corner diagonally and so on. As soon as 4 corners are fixed, you can start the side of the sides, their installation is made evenly from the corners to the center.
It is worth noting that for high-quality and easier installation of the stretch ceiling, its canvas should be heated to 55-65 degrees. As we said, this order of installation of the ceiling applies only to the Ceilings based on PVC films. If you mount the fabric stretch ceiling based on polyester, then the order is a bit different - first fasten the sides, and then proceed to the corners.
Thus, we briefly considered the process of pulling the film and fabric to the ceiling, and now let's stay in more detail on the types of fastening of stretch ceilings.
Cartoon fastener tension ceiling
As a rule, this type of fastener is used only for mounting ceilings based on PVC films.
He received its name through the type of fastener at the end of the film in the form of harpoon. Baguette in this case is an aluminum profile. This type of fasteners is the basic for the ceilings from PVC films, but in addition, there is no less popular and the stroke method due to their cheapness, nevertheless, it is not so reliable.
Capoon fasteners PVC films
- 1 - harpoon;
- 2 - baguette;
- 3 - Ceiling PVC film;
- 4 - basic ceiling;
- 5 - decorative plug;
- 6 - Wall of the room.
Strapboard fastener stretch ceiling
At the same time, the fastener is used by the P-shaped profile with a wooden stroke with which the ceiling canvas clamp. As we said this method of fastening is cheaper, but at the same time less reliable.
At this form of fasteners, the P-shaped aluminum profile and a wooden stapper, which clamps the ceiling canvas. As mentioned above, this method is used on our expanses to reduce the cost of the installation of the ceilings.
The disadvantages of this fastener can be attributed:
- 1 - Wooden Staff;
- 2 - profile baguette;
- 3 - ceiling film;
- 4 - basic ceiling;
- 5 - decorative plug;
- 6 - Wall of the room.
Clip fastener tension ceiling
This type of fastener is usually used only when installing clipso tissue ceilings. In this case, a plastic profile-baguette is used. This type of fastening is suitable only for the tissue ceiling, as it is not stretched as the ceilings from PVC films.
Clip fastener tension tissue ceiling
- 1 - clip;
- 2 - fabric cloth ceiling;
- 3 - wall of the room;
- 4 - basic ceiling.
After the ceiling canvas installed only the final strokes such as: set the decorative insert, which hides the ceiling mounting system and install and install the lighting devices (chandelier or point lamps). When everything is clear with decorative inserts and plugs, then there are far from the installation of the lighting devices.
To set the chandelier on the stretch ceiling you will need a plastic ring with a diameter of a little smaller for the decorative base (lining) chandeliers (so that it hides the ring). This ring must be glued to the film in the pre-intended place of the chandelier attachment. As soon as the glue completely dries, you can safely cut hole hole in the ring, without fearing the break of the canvas and attach the chandelier to the base ceiling.
The ceiling on a tissue basis in the subsequent can be painted with acrylic paints, creating various effects, for example, sea waves or clouds, etc.
We extremely not advise to take newcomers for more complex ceilings configurations, such as heating pipes, multi-level structures, and so on due to its complexity.
Well, that's time to finish the article. All the material I wanted to share is considered. I hope he will be useful for you, and you will enjoy them if necessary to make stretch ceilings with your own hands. Improve your own practical skills and get all new knowledge as they say: "It's never late to learn!" That's all, thanks for attention, successful and easy repair!
The technology of the stretch ceiling was designed in Europe to decorate the interior. In fact, the stretch ceiling is a thin cloth-membrane, stretched on a solid frame profile. The form of the installation is determined by the profile, the general view depends on the panel itself, which is manufactured by any color, finishing and degree of gloss.
Stretch ceiling with your own hands: Step by step instructions
Benefits of the stretch ceiling
The installation of the stretch ceiling is to fix the lightweight, durable film or tissue produced from high quality material in the framing design, which will hold the cloth in the stretched state. According to the material of the panel, tension ceilings are tissue or polyvinyl chloride (PVC) films.
- Fabric of linen It looks like canvas and can be made on seamless technology width up to 5 meters. B. оThe extended width will require crosslinking of beverages or using a special separation profile. The fabric is made from polyester and is treated with a special polyurethane coating. Such material is lightweight - one square meter of the tissue cloth weighs from 180 to 250 grams. The thickness of such a canvas is 0.35-0.44 mm.
- У PVC films Much more color options, it can be matte or reflective, multilevel and include decorative lighting elements. The thickness of the film membrane reaches 320 mm, the width is less than that of the tissue canvas and reaches 2.5 meters. Wider panels are welded, forming an almost imperceptible junction. Often the print image is applied to the material. Illuminated ceiling can create an impression of the star night, a stained glass window or southern solar sky. Such a cloth is modern and high-tech, it will keep the fresh glossy view for many years.
The stretch ceiling is an environmentally friendly design with waterproof, dusty, anti-allergic properties. The material is not a flammable, easily cleaned, allows repainting in the future and an additional installation of sound-absorbing materials.
Types of stretch ceilings
The mounting profiles for membranes are created in various forms, including rectangular, oval, curved, three-dimensional. The profile for tensioning the panels is usually made from rolling aluminum or PVC with a special fastening system that provides smooth smoke-free membrane tension. For the 3D ceiling, the framework of a specially designed curved shape will be required. The flexibility of installation of such a ceiling gives freedom to implement creativity, allowing you to create an arbitrary design.
Stretch ceilings are suitable for installing indoors from residential rooms to large commercial centers. Such ceilings have a thermal insulating function, forming a layer of air insulation in the soldier space, thereby reducing the needs of the room in heating and cooling. Modern technology improves the air in the room, preventing the sedimentation of dust and bacteria from the gypsum or concrete ceiling, which justifies the demand for such ceilings in medical institutions.
Another advantage of this design - it improves the acoustics of the room . The cloth after installation can withstand significant loads without breaking - up to 100 kg per square meter. If the membrane under the action of external force is stretched (for example, water from the broken pipeline), it will fully restore its shape after removing the external load.
Stretch ceiling improves room acoustics
Characteristics of stretch ceilings compared to other types of ceilings are shown in the table. Given the short installation time and the lack of specific equipment for installation, the stretch ceiling can be installed with your own hands.
Table. Comparison of stretch ceilings with other types of ceiling structures.
|Characteristic||Stretch ceiling||Facing panels||Suspended ceiling||Plasterton covering||Testing boards|
|Installation time (20 sq. M.)||2 hours||4 hours||15 hours||20 hours||5 o'clock|
|Loss of height of the room||2.5 cm||1.5 cm||10 cm||5 cm||5 cm|
|Update||Not required||2-3 years||3-4 years||2-3 years||3-4 years|
|Life time||10 years||3 years||2 years||15 years||3-4 years|
Choosing a fastening profile for PVC film
The choice of frame for tensioning the PVC film is determined by its size and thickness. Several different types of profile can be used.
Prices on Stretch Ceiling
- Universal aluminum profile It is used for a rectangular perimeter or linear segments of more complex two-dimensional forms, as well as for an area where the installation method requires a profile attachment either to the wall or to the ceiling. Frame about 2.6 cm high, the length of the profile can be chosen any.
Profiles for Framework
- Wall aluminum profile It is used for small areas on the perimeter, including circular and other elements of the structure of a more complex shape (moldings, alcohol, rounded corners in the room). The frame must be curved, the height of the frame is about 2.6 cm. It can be seamlessly combined with direct fragments of other types of profile.
- Ceiling aluminum profile It is used to fasten the perimeter at linear sections. This type of profile is used if it is necessary to reduce the height of the empty ceiling space over the membrane or if there is no need to install a stronger and heavy universal profile. The height of the ceiling frame is only about 20 mm. If necessary, it can be attached to the ceiling across the room.
- Separating aluminum profile It is used when connecting the panel strips in large complex structures when additional film support is required. Typically, it is an area of more than 200 square meters. This profile is used for the joints of linear ceiling fragments. The height of the frame is about 1.8 cm, the length is not limited. The separation profile is often used to create a 3D effect or multi-level ceiling.
Types of profiles for frame under the stretch ceiling: 1 - universal aluminum profile, 2 - wall aluminum profile, 3 - ceiling aluminum profile, 4 - separating aluminum profile
The listed types of profile use the so-called harpoon fastening of the panel, which requires pre-welding of the ceiling membrane with a special clamp.
When independent installation of the stretch ceiling, you will have to use other types of mounting profile with a wedge or stroke mount or order welding with a harpoon fastening from the PVC film manufacturer.
Stretch ceiling installation technologies
When choosing the sizes of the panel, it should also be borne in mind that the PVC film is stretched to 6% during the installation. This gives a guarantee that the ceiling will remain flat and will not lead.
Prices for fabric stretch ceiling
Fabric stretch ceiling
Satin Stretch Ceiling - Pros and Cons
To find out about all this, read this article. You still may be interested in material about which ceiling is better - tension or from drywall.
Selection of fastening profile for fabric cloth
The fabric ceiling is produced in the form of a widescreen panel, the weight and elasticity of which differ from the properties of the PVC film. Therefore, to install such a ceiling, you need another type of frame. Most often, two types of profiles are used for fabric stretch ceilings.
- Plastic AR profile It is used for linear regions of the perimeter and provides a very thin air layer between the membrane and the ceiling slab (1 cm). Such a profile guarantees the stability of the panel in the case of drafts and gusts of the wind. The profile is attached by a wide face to the ceiling and may have a thin plastic part on the profile from the wall side, which seals the space and prevents the accumulation of dust, moisture and bacteria.
- Plastic am profile Used if you want to leave the additional space between the membrane and the ceiling. The height of such a profile is 30 mm. One of the most common uses of this profile is for additional acoustic insulation of the room using sound-absorbing materials.
Common profiles for mounting fabric stretch ceilings
The fabric canvas is harvested with a size of 10-15 cm larger than the width of the ceiling and fixes in the profile grooves by a ringproof method using a special plastic wedge or stapper. Excess the canvas are neatly cut after the installation of the entire panel.
Preparation for installation
For the installation of the stretch ceiling is not required of great effort. The only prerequisite for the preparation of premises - Electrical wiring must be completed before the installation of the ceiling . The location of the lamps can be marked on the floor under the corresponding position of the lamp on the ceiling.
Prices for the set of stretch ceiling
Set of stretch ceiling
Marking ceiling for lamps
The ceiling stove, which will be located behind the membrane, does not require additional processing. Finishing work after installation will not be needed, since the ceiling does not require the use of adhesive materials, plaster or painting. If the room is furniture, when installing a PVC ceiling it is better to remove it, because the room will be heated at least up to 40 degrees, which can badly affect the state of some materials.
Installation of the stretch ceiling will require the use of some construction equipment.
- A spatula or blade for attaching the ceiling panel to the profile - may need several spatulas of different shapes.
- Fastening profile along the length of the perimeter of the room.
- Clips in the number of corners indoors for the original stretching of the cloth.
- Perforator, screwdriver and self-tapping screws for fastening profile on the wall or ceiling.
- Stewbridge, providing height access to the ceiling.
- Level, water or laser, for the location of the mounting profile.
- Air heater (PVC ceiling only) - specialists engaged in the installation of the ceiling bring the heat gun and gas cylinder for its operation. When independently installing the ceiling, you can use a room heater for heating the room and a hot hair dryer to smooth out the folds on the canvas.
- Mounting PVC rings are used to strengthen the ceiling cloth around pipes, lamps and other engineering communications.
Tools for mounting stretch ceiling
It is recommended to provide in the tensioning ceiling tensioning the ventilation grilles that will provide an extract in the interporal space and protect this area from the condensate and the development of mold. The location of the ventilation grille is usually selected in the inconspicuous corner of the room.
Preparation of profile and cloth
Before direct installation of the ceiling, you must prepare a profile for fastening the panel.
- The first step is to prepare the markup for the location of the fastening profile on the walls to properly place the ceiling membrane. Usually the profile is attached to the wall around the perimeter at the required height. The correct markup is verified by the level. In order not to lose the height of the room, you can use the fastening profile for the ceiling. In this case, the presence of ceiling lighting devices should be taken into account, because the ceiling must be omitted to the height of the luminaire suspension.
- It is necessary to attach the profile to all the outer and inner corners of the room with a step of 8-12 cm between the mounts. All sharp corners must be smoothed with a file to prevent the pins and cuts of the panels.
- Carefully unpack the ceiling membrane, avoiding the touch of contaminated surfaces - the cloth during installation should remain clean.
Prices on Stretch Ceiling "Starry Sky"
Stretch ceiling "Starry Sky"
Unpacking the canvas
- Using special clamps, the cloth must be fixed at several profile points. In the case of a rectangular shape of the room first fasten the membrane in the corners. If the profile forms a rounded shape, the consolidation points are distributed on the arc uniformly.
- When installing the ceiling from the PVC film, it is necessary to bring the room temperature to 40-45 degrees. It is recommended to overlap all possible sources of cool air - windows, doors, ventilation grilles. The draft and cooled air can mechanically damage the membrane, creating irregularities on it, which will affect the properties of the panels and complicate the installation process. Installation can be started when the film will be uniformly flexible and without chances. Deep folds on the film can be treated with heat fluff or hairdryer.
- When installing the tissue cloth, the heating of the room is not required, the so-called cold installation is performed. However, the tissue cloth will trim at the end of the installation, in contrast to the PVC film, the size of which is initially cut under the room with a 6 percent stretching of the film.
Heating PVC web heat gun
Video - Preparation of the room before installing
As a rule, the entire installation process takes about two hours and does not leave construction debris. The essence of the installation lies in the tension and fixation of the membrane to the attached profile.
Stages of installation of stretch ceiling
- Installation starts from any angle. Using a spatula with a curved working plane, fuel the cloth into the mounting profile slots. With a harpoon attachment, the spatula must be inserted into the harpoon, to which the cloth is welded, and fed the membrane into the frame. In the case of a wedge or stroke attachment, lock the cloth using a spatula and the corresponding plug.
Installation of the canvas need to start with an angle
- After engaging the angle, the same procedure is performed for a diagonally opposite angle and so on until all angles are securely fixed. It is important to control the balanced tension of the cloth in order to keep the membrane from the skew at this installation stage.
- Further fix the cloth at points evenly located between the already fixed angles. Repeat the process until the ceiling membrane is attached to the frame throughout the perimeter.
Stages of attachment of the canvas to the profile
- During the entire process, it is necessary to monitor the balanced tension of the panels to avoid formation of folds and wrinkles. If necessary, a heat gun or a hairdryer should be used for PVC-web to give material elasticity.
- The cloth that stretches around the pipes must be enhanced. This is usually achieved using a mounting acrylic panel, which is glued to the stretched ceiling, after which the cloth in this area is cut.
- The last mounted ceiling plinth or a special mounting tape to hide the gap from the fastening profile between the cloth and the wall.
- Open the windows and doors to ventilate the room with the installed ceiling. After the cooling of the PVC film stretches and the final appearance will take.
- Wash the stretch ceiling. Use a soft cloth or a sponge without an abrasive coating. You can use a cleaning agent for glasses without fat and acetone, do not use soap - it leaves divorces on the surface.
Installation of lamps
Lighting devices, fans and other objects hanging from the ceiling should have an independent suspension mechanism that is attached to the ceiling plate so as not to rely on support for the tensioning canvas. The stretch ceiling is an element of internal design, not a structural component.
For the decoration of the lamp will take:
- mounting PVC ring;
- cyanoacrylate glue;
- A sharp knife.
After installing the ceiling, it is necessary to make holes for lighting. If the lamps are somewhat, it is better to make projection markup in advance on the floor directly under the lamps. Apply glue to the mounting ring and glue it to the film on the place of the lamp so that the centers of the ring and the lamp coincide.
Prices for ceiling lamps
Installing lamps in stretch ceiling
After the ring grabbed the film, carefully cut off the film inside the ring. Adjust the height of the lamp so that it is at the level of the ceiling cloth and screw the lamp. Use conventional lamps with no more than 60 W or halogen lamps up to 35 W in order to avoid strong local heating and deformation of the panel in the lamp area.
Video - installation of stretch ceiling
It is easy to make stretch ceilings with your own hands if you have a detailed instruction before your eyes. And you switched in a melting link, which means you can. For this work, the repairmen take money that you can spend on yourself and your family. Knowing how stretch ceilings are made, everyone who has basic skills will save money. At the same time, you can do everything correctly, so as not to repair the room after the departure of the builders brigade. But, and rely on that by installing the tensioning ceilings with their own hands, do not have to face the difficulties, it is also not worth it. And to prevent errors, the following is a detailed description of all stages.
Tension ceiling device
Required tools and components for the installation of stretch ceiling
It is important that at hand there was such a set of tools:
- For measurements and marks will need a level. It is desirable if it is laser, but the usual water is suitable. You also need a marker or pencil with a ruler and a retrain rope.
- We'll have to work as a saw. Prepare two canvas. One wooden tree, another metal. Keep the keys to replace them within access. Follow the teeth to be sharp.
- A screwdriver will be useful from the power tool. The usual drill is used if wooden overlaps are in the house. With reinforced concrete without a perforator, do not cope. Used drills with winning tips.
- Protect the film better by construction hairdryer. Alternative - gas thermal gun with connected balloon. Then the extension electrical wire will not have to start indoors.
- Naturally, you will need an ordinary hammer, as well as a set of spatulas. The blades must be bent. Purchase this tool in a specialized store, where everything you need is sold.
- The stepladder is a mandatory element. In order to ensure your own safety, do not use homemade structures, especially if their elements are not fastened hard. You will also need a stationery knife with replaceable blades.
The fasteners use dowels with self-draws. For quick gluing, you will need second super-glue. In addition to its own canvas, the rings made of heat-resistant plastic will use the harpuna perimeter. They are used when installing paper devices. Profile used as mortgages prepare in advance. Purchase small self-tapping screws, called "Clapses".
How to make the ceiling canvase
Before pulling the stretch ceiling, you need to accurately extort its dimensions and make the drawing, which is especially important if the perimeter is not a simple rectangle, but has a more complex shape. Often the angles are at different levels.
Walls and overlaps are not always smooth, and therefore use the following recommendations:
- More convenient to use a laser level if you install it on a tripod in the center of the room. Alternately check each angle. Start posting from the lowest. In this case, retreat 3-5 cm, which is especially important if you plan to install point lamps. In the corners of the pencil make marks.
- If there is no laser level, and you have to act with a roulette, measure the height of each angle. Determine the lowest. Also made an indent to 5 cm. We put the mark. Now for the rest of the corners, it is also necessary to note the installation site of the stretch ceiling, for which the floor is measured by the same distance.
In the latter case, an error is possible 1-2 cm., Which will not be visible visually. Next, the marking of the walls is made, and without assistant can not do. The folding cord is stretched along which it is necessary to read the line.
Step-by-step installation instructions
Preparation of the foundation
It does not make sense to smooth the ceiling surface, as it remains hidden from the eyes. However, it is important to remove the old plaster. Eliminate defects do not have to. It should be understood that before installing the stretch ceiling, it is important to get rid of parasites, dust, garbage. In other words, the "dense" concrete or tree. Mushroom, mold, microorganisms will not be able to settle, if you treat the surface with a primer and a building antiseptic agent. Only after that pass to the installation of the stretch ceiling. At the same time, everything can be done with your own hands.
- The lowest angle is determined. You can use a laser level or a conventional roulette when the height of the floor is measured from the ceiling.
- It is important to provide a gap from overlapping to the future level of film installation. This is usually 3.0-5.0 centimeters required for mounting lighting.
- If there is a "laser", the line of the future level is visible immediately, and it remains only to read it with a pencil directly on the wall. Otherwise, see the next item.
- We make the promresses of all corners in height. Selects sauma low. We leave the gap, put the mark. We do the same in the rest of the corners, measuring the minimum height.
- We stretch the cord along which it is diagnosed with a solid line, connecting all the stamps in the corners. As a result, it receives a closed line around the perimeter of the room.
Pursuing the goal to preserve the horizontal position of the future canvase. The room can be a drop of 1-2 centimeters, which is considered normal. It makes sense to purchase lamps in advance. Some models require a gap to 7 cm. Then make the marking, based on this criterion.
Fastening plastic baguette
Next step by step the procedure looks like this:
- The markup band is the bottom line of the baguette, which will have to be cut off according to the appropriate sizes, retaining the internal angles.
- With the help of the perforator makes holes in the wall in a step of 120-150 millimeters. This is for the installation of plastic dowels under the self-tapping screw.
- Insert a dowel, pre-checking that the line connecting the attachment points was native (parallel floor, horizontal).
- We take the screw 5x50, and screw them into a dowel. The task is to press baguettes without gaps and cracks, while retaining the geometric correctness of the design.
The junctions must coincide. To avoid drops, drill holes for 4-7 cm. From the end of the profile. The gap may be, if not exceeds 2-3 millimeters. Before mounting, the ends are preferably to take a hand to remove burstages that can damage the cloth. It is important that the carrying profile is securely fixed. If it is walking, reduce the step between the dowels.
Installation technology does not imply joints in the corners, both internal and external. In this case, the step-by-step algorithm of action looks like this:
- Squeeze the distance from the junction to the corner.
- Transfer the mark on the corner profile.
- Make inscribed from the back if the angle is internal.
- Bend the profile and install so that there is no cracks.
If the angle is outdoor, three horses are made in 10 mm increments. Excess segments are removed with the help of the passage.
Installation of mortgage and wiring for spotlights
This is done so. First apply markup on the ceiling surface. It is advisable to transfer the projection to the floor to understand the coverage area. Then it is easier to define places for mounting lamps. The mortgages need to be installed as follows:
- The hole is cut on the diameter slightly more than the cartridge of the lamp.
- Suspension from metal products bend in the form of the letter "P". The design is screwed by small self-drawing to the platform.
- The mortgage is applied to the ceiling, marks for future holes for fastening elements.
- Holes are drilled, dowels are laid. Fastenings are screwed up with 51 mm longs.
It is important that the base for the lamps does not speak to, when the time comes to install the stretch ceiling, there were no drops in height.
Mortgage and wiring for sofa
Wires should not be saved below the level provided for the stretch ceiling. Then the surface of the film will be perfectly smooth. If the overlap is wooden, all wires are protected from the possibility of contact with other elements. The places of happiness are carefully isolated. Connection type - parallel. Clem blocks are used as connectors. Typically use products with a denomination of 3-5 A with a permitted power of 660-1100 W. The ends of the cord are shaved, clamped with fastening screws. It is extremely important to avoid wiring sagging.
Mortgage and wiring under the chandelier
In the process of installing the stretch ceiling, many homegrown "crafts" use creative molding of chandeliers. A mounting foam is used or an inflatable children's circle for swimming. These methods are short-lived, and it is better to go standard. For chandelier lighting, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Install the platform. Watch that it is not below the planned area of the canvas.
- Transfer the location to the cloth drawing, taking a binding to the corners and walls.
- Stick to the film with polyurethane glue the heat-magic ring.
- Make a cut, without leaving the limits limited by a soldered ring.
Use specialized elements. So, manufacturers offer rings with a diameter of 60-400 mm. If "invent a bicycle", then when the time comes to pull, the canvas will come into disrepair.
There is another way of installation when the chandelier is attached to the overlap on the hook, screwed into the ceiling. This will also require a platform, only you need to make a hole. This method stretch the ceiling is not considered the best, as it is required to preserve the geometric accuracy of measurements and marking. A common error is an incorrectly extinted length of the hook, which leads a few weeks to the formation of a ring dent. And when the time comes to replace the lamp, you will have to change the stretch ceilings again with your own hands, since the trail will remain from the old chandelier.
Mortgage under Gardin
It should be borne in mind that a specific technology is applied each time:
- Wooden cornice for curtains. It should be measured at what level the cornice will be attached to the wall. The main thing is that the mark is lower than the edges of the plug (molding), and that the decorative lining does not cross this line.
- Metal wall cornices. The technology is no different. Holes are drilled, dowels are inserted, the brackets are screwed by self-drawing.
- Plastic hidden ceiling curtains. It is important to attach them directly to the overlap using the mounts from the metal profile. Step between fasteners - from 40 to 50 centimeters.
In the latter case, it is better to make a tough construction that is installed before the product of measurements. If it is a wooden bar, the baguette will be screwed to it. Either the size of the bar must be such that the canvas losses to it without sagging.
- Includes a thermal dryer, guide warm air to the canvas to achieve elasticity. The edge becomes soft.
- The canvas must be tightened, and harpuna to start a baguette fasteners. A special spatula with a curved working edge is used.
Before pulling the stretch ceiling, the diametrical (opposite) angles are fixed. Then go to the rest. Garpuna must be at the perimeter of the whole room. It is important not to allow folds and sagging. After natural cooling, the ceiling will become perfectly smooth. If a fold formed, do the following:
- Disconnect the harpoon latch not 30 centimeters on both sides.
- Heat the fold with an electric or gas heat gun.
- Get harpoon in the groove in the middle of the released area.
- Repeat the operation in the middle of the two "free" segments formed.
- Continue the procedure until you eliminate the sagging.
There are two exit from this situation:
- Get all the gaps between the stretch design and walls.
- Install the ventilation grids for unhindered air passage.
In the first case, view the entire surface at the time of the presence of holes that should not be. In case of identifying them, make holes with a special sealant.
The second method is more preferred, since the ventilation will not give dampness to accumulate in the prescription space, which is especially important if the overlap is wooden. We will have to purchase a ring that is glued to the canvas. Then the hole is cut out where a special profile plastic grid is inserted. Manufacturers worked out so that all elements in color could be selected. And so that the ventilation does not spoil the appearance, set it behind the curtain.
- Measure the distance from the axis of the pipeline to the nearest wall panel for the shortest distance.
- Transfer markup to the canvas. In this case, consider the coefficient of the temperature shrinkage equal to 0.92.
- The plastic profile is trimmed so that there is a clearance of about 4-5 mm between the slice and the fastening profile.
- With the help of the glue "Cosmofen", the cut is glued to the film from the invalid, the inner side.
- On the internal diameter of the circuit, diameter cuts are made on the solar ray manner, as in a children's figure.
- Another incision is made along a special slot to the end of the canvas to turn the pipe into the rod plate.
Installation of lighting
When the ceiling is already installed, start assembling the electrical appliances:
- Determine the location of the mortgage elements.
- The fastest fastening the thermocole on the site of the fastener of the lamp.
- The film inside the ring is cut off by a stationery knife without going beyond the rings.
- Withdrawing the wires to the room, connect the connectors.
- Bending the spring, install the light bulb, check the performance.
If these are not point lamps, and the chandelier, the order of action is the same. The difference is that the elements are not accumulated, and tightly screwed to the wooden mortgage part. It is important that electricity is disabled before the start of work. It is necessary to avoid lesion to the current.
Masking of jigs
How to pull the ceiling one
It is accepted that before making a stretch ceiling in the room, you must negotiate with a person who will participate in the installation process. However, the work is quite accessible to one wizard, if the room plan is a simple form, for example, a square or a rectangle. The same, who wishes to learn how the stretch ceiling is mounted in several levels, it is necessary to take into account that it is unlikely to make it unlikely to make it smooth. The good news is that you do not need to be a construction engineer.
If you decide to do everything yourself, you will have to buy or rent a laser level. The rod is attached by the versius between the ceiling and floor. Before mounting the design, measure the middle of the room. After "striking" the first point in the wall screws up the screw to which the rope is tied. It is necessary that it is possible to mount the mounting elements independently, which are installed along the horizontal mark. Another problem is a hard chandelier, because it will have to keep and fasten at the same time. If it is simple and easy, it is also possible.
The photo shows all the steps, but the image does not allow to describe the safety requirements. First of all deraid the room. There is one feature here. You will have to connect a heat gun or a construction hairdryer. If you do not turn off the electricity, and start drilling the walls, you can damage the hidden wiring, which is fraught with injuries and equipment breakdown.
- After connecting the cylinder, recheck the tightness of all connections.
- With the slightest noise, strangely smell, immediately stop work, even if they are not yet fully made.
- Do not use expired cylinders. Date look at the packaging. In the presence of damage, the container must be disposed of.
- You need to fill on specialized filling stations. At the same time, look at the type of device and the type of gas for which the burner is adapted.
- Build the hose is categorically prohibited. It is better to buy a new one, the length of which will be sufficient.
- The balloon can not be placed near the heating radiator. And in no case, do not direct the burner to the container with gas, tubes, connections.
Before tensioning the web makes sense to wash it in advance, so that it is easier to do on the floor. Pre-make cleaning. In most cases, manufacturers initially handle the surface with antisatam, so that the dust does not fit on the surface. Abrasive powder detergents are not used. The dishwasher or glasses can be used, capable of dissolving fat deposits, if such appear during transportation to the object.
Useful video tenting ceiling
A source: https://vodatyt.ru/natyazhnye-potolki/ustanovka-poonstruktsii.html.
Did this article be useful for you? Pick up! Subscribe to mine Channel and let's communicate in the comments!
Sincerely, Peter Andreevich.